Data Science Intern (Remote)
About the role
At Prodigal, we're building the future of debt collections. Loan servicing in the US has remained largely unchanged for decades. We are modernizing the entire stack so lenders deliver an experience consumers love at much lower cost. Our cloud native platform provides a new form of Collection Intelligence which enables faster and more effective recovery. We process and analyze millions of borrower interactions using our custom state-of-the-art natural language engine to provide actionable insights to our customers.
We are young and fast-moving company based in the Silicon Valley and are backed by Y-Combinator (same investor as Airbnb, Doordash and Stripe) and Accel (same investor as Facebook). We are always looking for folks who are curious, collaborative and are mission-driven to help us build the future of debt collections.
What excites you
- Working closely with product and marketing teams to identify important questions and answer them with data
- Blending and analyzing various data sources to create key tracking metrics and indexes
- Communicating analyses and data-backed recommendations to stakeholders
- Deploying a scalable and end-to-end solution to track metrics on a recurring basis
What excites us
- Pursuing a degree in Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience in dealing with large amounts of data
- Good with Python
- Not scared of messy and unstructured data
- Ability to convey observations and insights to both a technical and a non-technical audience
- "Fail fast" approach - implement and test ideas quickly
- Experience with NLP and text data
- Comfortable working with NoSQL databases (preferably MongoDB)
- Used social media APIs for platforms like Twitter, Reddit, etc.
- Experience with Tableau or other visualization tool
For more information about Life @ Prodigal, visit https://www.prodigaltech.com/blog-homepage
Why you should join Prodigal
Prodigal Technologies is a Y-Combinator backed startup led by IIT Bombay & Wharton business grads. The founders have previously worked at organizations such as BCG, Blackstone, Fundbox, Tower Research & Accel.
We are revolutionizing how the rapidly growing personal loan industry performs its servicing and collections functions. Our first product is a speech analytics SaaS product that works for all types of lenders and debt collection agencies. We are building our technology platform in India and are serving customers in USA.