Business Analyst at Prodigal
About the role
We are a fast-growing Bay Area-based startup backed by astute investors like Menlo Ventures, Accel Partners, and Y-Combinator. In the past year, we grew revenue nearly 10x and continue to innovate across products, business models, and operations to maintain momentum.
Prodigal is building an artificial intelligence-based decision engine to power the consumer credit and lending ecosystem. Our decision engine uses human-centric natural language processing and workflow automation techniques to boost visibility, efficiency, and compliance across the value chain. The Prodigal team has deep technical and business talent today and we believe there is an opportunity to build an iconic vertical software business that will fundamentally impact how the multi-trillion-dollar debt industry is managed.
As a business analyst in the strategy & finance team, you'll be in a unique position to develop real insights that inform operations, product innovation, and business strategy.
What we are initially hiring you for
• Evaluate large proprietary and public data such as product usage, payments, pricing, to inform product and business decisions
• Work with stakeholders across the organization to build flexible and insightful performance dashboards that bring analytical rigor to business operations and, drive consistency and transparency across the organization
• Glean insights from historical sales performance data to inform leadership of what is going well and what needs improving
• Translate the company's financial and strategic targets to actionable sales headcount planning, targets, territory allocations, compensation planning, lead funnel development, among other metrics to motivate and enable a highly efficient salesforce
• Collaborate with sales, marketing and finance to become a performance enhancement partner and synchronize said key business functions
• Evaluate sales contracts, provide pricing analytics and support facilitating / closing transactions
What you need to bring to the table
• You must be a real self-starter with high levels of curiosity, desire to learn and a strong bias for action
• An almost obsessive desire to beat, twist and wrangle real-world data to glean business-critical insights
• Strong quantitative comfort either through an educational background in fields such as computer engineering, communications engineering, statistics, applied mathematics, econometrics, finance; OR quantitative professional experience
• 1-3 years of prior experience working in data-to-decisions oriented roles
• Experience with / ability to independently learn tableau, python, excel
• Fundamental understanding of sales operations and basic finance is good to have but not necessary, but a desire to learn said things on the job is a must
What you'll get on this job, apart from the obvious
• An opportunity to work with an intellectually hungry team at a thoughtfully run hyper-growth software company with product-market fit
• A highly productive but collaborative and fun-loving team spanning India and the United States
• Everyone on the team is intrinsically motivated to help each other grow and make Prodigal a shared success
• You'll NEVER be alone, we promise you several friendly colleagues
• Ample opportunity to get generalist business experience, and build lifelong mentorship relationships and business networks
Why you should join Prodigal
We are a fast-growing Bay Area-based startup backed by leading investors like Accel and Y Combinator. In the past year we grew revenue ~10x and continue to build torridly.
Our core product offering helps automate lending operations for financial services firms across the lending value chain. The Prodigal team has deep technical talent today and we believe there is an opportunity to build an iconic vertical software business that will fundamentally impact how the multi-trillion-dollar debt industry is managed. Debt has such a massive impact on consumers and prior to Prodigal, the industry was saddled with painful, low value manual workflows, and poor customer experience- our mission is to humanize the debt repayment process through automation and data.