Talent Manager (UK - Remote)
About the role
At A Glance
Us: Default alive startup of 50+ people. Remote team, mainly based in the UK. YC alumni. Building a web-based platform for behavioral research. £4.4M revenue in 2020, all driven by word-of-mouth.
We’re on a mission to connect people around the world to make trustworthy data more accessible and facilitate world-changing research.
You: An experienced Recruiter who is excited to grow and lead a startup's internal talent function to scale the business!
Recruitment experience within a startup. Previously managed Recruiters. Familiar with Lever (or similar) and knows how to use metrics effectively.
£50k - 70k depending on experience.
Prolific is looking for an experienced Talent Manager to join our growing organization and work alongside our Leadership and Operations teams. We're scaling quickly (aiming to double in size this year) and we need someone to lead our internal talent team!
The ideal candidate will have a passion for the recruitment lifecycle, having experience in all stages from position assessment to sourcing and hiring. You'll be able to communicate all things hiring and talent to Leadership in a data-driven, clear, and actionable way, and foster positive relationships throughout Prolific.
You'll be streamlining our hiring process, guiding and coaching the team on hiring best practices, improving candidate experience and employer branding, and finding amazing candidates to add to our world-class team. If this sounds like your dream role – please apply!
What You'll Be Doing:
- Leading and growing the internal Talent function at Prolific!
- You’ll pitch in with recruiting at the start, but this will develop into strategy only role
- Streamlining our hiring process to make the most of our ambitious growth and hiring plans.
- Planning and executing hiring alongside our hiring managers, and helping new hiring managers with best practices and coaching.
- Advising Prolific Leadership on talent and hiring best practices.
- Working together with other key business areas to improve candidate experience, employer branding, onboarding, and more!
- Alongside other teams, helping design our organizational structure and determining where to fill internally and where to source.
- Recruitment and sourcing experience within a high-growth or hyper-growth startup (2+ years) – startup experience is critical!
- Previous experience managing or leading a team of recruiters (1+ years).
- Excitement and passion to build an amazing team at an early-stage, fast-growing startup!
- Experience with Diversity & Inclusion within hiring.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of hiring/talent metrics and how to make effective use of these.
- Excellent social-emotional, communication, planning, and negotiation skills.
- Humility, rigour, optimism, and a desire to learn and grow fast.
Nice To Have:
- Interest in Behavioral Science, Psychology and/or scientific research and a desire to learn about the research space.
- You've grown teams 2x, 3x, 4x, etc. in a short period of time.
- Resource planning and forecasting.
- Experience working with Leadership on organizational design.
What We Offer / Our Benefits
Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary).
Flexible working: Work equipment of your choice (paid for by us), and you can work flexibly from home.
Childcare flexibility: Need to pick your child up from school? No problem.
Comprehensive private health insurance that disregards medical history.
33 days holiday per year (25 days + bank holidays, which you can switch with your religious holiday).
£1000 yearly budget for education, growth, and training.
Personal growth opportunities and career progression (e.g., learn about the startup ecosystem, mentoring from executive team, learn about psychological science and research methods).
Open, transparent, and inclusive culture.
A company committed to carbon offsetting: we donate money in your name each month to plant trees and we offset travel as an organization each year.
Generous maternity, paternity, and shared parental leave.
You can also check out our public Employee Handbook here for more!
At Prolific, we're changing how research on the internet is done. Our co-founders Katia and Phelim started by building a marketplace that connects researchers from both Academia and industry with instant, high quality, global research participants. Now, as a growing team, our bigger vision is to build the most powerful and trusted platform for behavioral research.
We were in Y Combinator's Summer 2019 batch, we've recently closed a $1.4M seed round, over £4M revenue in 2020 all driven by word-of-mouth, we're default alive, and we have very ambitious plans.
The Interview Process
1. Initial Interview - You'll have a 30 - 45 minute interview with two members of the team where you'll have the opportunity to ask about the company and the role, and we'll ask you questions about your experiences and goals.
2. Assignment - There will be a 2 hour assignment that evaluates skills required for the role. You'll be compensated with a £50 voucher for completing the task because we know your time is valuable!
3. Final Interview - The final stage is a 1.5 - 2 hour interview where we'll deep dive into your past experiences, goals, motivations, and skills. You'll speak with two to three members of the team and - as always - have an opportunity to ask questions about the role and company.
Why you should join Prolific
What we do
With Prolific, we're changing how research on the internet is done. Katia and Phelim started by building a marketplace that connects researchers (from both Academia and industry) with instant, high quality, global research participants. Now, as a growing team of 17, the bigger vision is to build the most powerful and trusted platform for behavioral research.
Our two-sided marketplace and ambitious growth plans come with many interesting challenges around how to accelerate growth, as we move from running thousands of studies a month, to tens of thousands. We hope to become the go-to infrastructure layer for "human responses" that empowers anybody – individuals, businesses, and governments – to make more evidence-based decisions.
We've recently been part of Y Combinator's Summer 2019 batch, raised seed funding, and have decided to grow and scale the company from London, UK.
How we interview & hire
Our hiring process usually begins with an introductory online interview to help you get to know us better, and vice versa. At this stage, we would like to better understand your motivation for the role, get to know about your interests and personality, and learn about any relevant past experience or skills you might have. If this initial interview is successful, we'd then invite you to complete an assignment (<2 hours, you'll be compensated for the time spent), which will be reviewed by relevant team members. This will be followed by an in-depth, face-to-face interview in London, UK, which will provide an opportunity to discuss the assignment, explore value fit, which incentives you care about, and learn how you would work with the team on a daily basis.
Our core values
Prolific’s values are the fundamental beliefs upon which our business and its behaviour are based. They are the guiding principles that we use to manage ourselves as well as our relationship with customers.
Open Prolific aims to be as open as possible in the way it works, both externally and internally. This means that we put in place policies and practices that bring information out into the open wherever possible. We also support the principles of Open Science.
Thoughtful At Prolific we try to be thoughtful about everything we do. This means that we consider the short-and long-term consequences of our actions and decisions, both for users and coworkers, and society more generally. It also means we value and encourage diversity and inclusion.
Trustworthy Researchers, Participants, and anyone else we interact with should have trust in dealing with us, and in the results produced by our platform. Within our company we strive to be fair in the way we deal with each other and the decisions we make.
Improving human knowledge At the core of Prolific is the aim to improve human knowledge. Every decision we make ultimately works towards this goal.