Full Stack Engineer at Promise
About the role
We’re looking for agile, mission-driven full stack engineers to build better products for governments and the people they serve.
Promise is a government payment platform built for the people. Each year, thousands of individuals face significant consequences for the failure to pay government debt. Promise has found that many want to pay but are blocked by a confusing and rigid system. We’re solving this problem with a more humane approach that leads to significantly higher payments. This means citizens pay off debt faster, consequences are reduced, and government is more efficient.
- Build out our core payments and communications platform while taking a data-driven approach to iterating on new features.
- Work across the stack and collaborate across the organization to ensure our technology solves real-world problems for our users.
- Own the planning and implementation of a significant portion of the platform, including soliciting feedback, and iterating to success.
- Build on our existing technology stack while learning new technology and driving good technical decision-making.
- Write code designed to run in enterprise production systems for a long time.
- Drive technical and product decision-making that aligns with our real world goal of making government work better for individuals.
We are looking for applications who have:
- A drive to build software that promotes equity and accessibility.
- A desire to learn from and contribute to a growing engineering team.
- Experience working across the tech stack.
You may be a good fit if you have:
- Built software for government or for consumers before.
- Worked with financial technology before.
- Experience with our tech stack: NodeJS, TypeScript, React, AWS Lambda
Applications are reviewed at least weekly, and we will reach out for a phone interview with qualified applicants.
Why you should join Promise
Promise modernizes and humanizes government payments. We are a comprehensive payments platform that increases revenue and efficiency for government agencies by making it easier to pay. We help residents navigate payments with dignity and ease and help them avoid the negative consequences of non-payment. Promise’s win-win services strengthen the bond between government agencies and the communities which they serve.
We need a technically-strong and values-oriented product development team to make this possible. We want people who are passionate about building technical solutions that are rooted in empathy, simplicity, and accessibility while being performant, scalable, and secure. You would be a foundational member of our small mission driven team, helping to build amazing customer-focused software from concept through implementation.