Full Stack Software Engineer
About the role
⚡ What you'll do
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve our mobile application
- Manage individual priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Work closely with our Chief Technology Officer, contributing strategically and playing a key role in the product development process
🎯 What we're looking for
- 2+ years experience as a software engineer or similar engineering role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- Excellent problem-solving skills to address dynamic, complex problems early
- Preferred experience with some of the following: shipping React Native for Android, React, Context API, custom hooks, Tailwind, Apollo, Auth0, CI/CD, Expo bare workflow/EAS, frontend web UI framework
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
🤗 Who you are
- Team player with a passion for learning
- You are energized by ambiguity
- Goofball who loves having fun
🙌 What we offer
- Competitive cash compensation and equity package
- Monthly stipends for medical/dental/vision coverage
- Signing stipend for technology and workspace enhancements
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited vacation, 7 company holidays including election day, and 1 personal volunteer day a year
- Opportunity as one of our first engineering hires to take on significant responsibility and ownership in building a product that can change the lives of home service pros
- Fun-filled team that doesn’t take themselves too seriously, including virtual cameos from the team dog mascots Caro and Alta
🌎 Where you'll work
We're a remote-first team with presence in NYC, Boston and LA. You can view our website at prophone.com
Why you should join ProPhone
ProPhone believes that home service pros and small businesses are the backbone of the economy and have gone too long without the right technologies. We are building a communications suite to help pros grow their businesses professionally while spending less time managing customers.
ProPhone is co-founded by Nick Ornitz (CEO), Shannon Kay (CPO) and Dan Stepanov (CTO). We're a YC-backed and seed-funded startup, and it's time to start growing our team. We're looking for founding members who can not only help us shape our product but also shape the company itself.
We care deeply about a culture that is inclusive and equitable for people of all backgrounds and experiences. We particularly encourage people from communities that tend to be underrepresented to apply, including but not limited to women, people of color, and people who identify as LGBTQ+.
We believe “great candidates” do not come about through simply a checkmark next to past experiences. We believe in hiring people not just skills. Even if you do not check every box but find excitement at the prospect of working with us in this capacity, please apply.