Strategy and Operations Manager at Protocol Labs
About the role
Protocol Labs is a research and development laboratory that has built and scaled multiple projects that have made great contributions to the web3 ecosystem. This has been facilitated by a set of shared Enablement resources that allow projects to focus on core product and engineering work. To accelerate the growth of our broader ecosystem, we’ve created a new team—PL Services—to provide services and capabilities that our projects and the web3 community can leverage, including marketing, operations, recruiting, finance, legal, IT, and more.
As an operator for PL Services, you will play a critical role in understanding the ecosystem’s needs and defining our service offerings, then piloting and scaling their delivery. You’ll also drive operating cadence of the Services team, ensuring that we are working effectively and iterating based on customer feedback and metrics. This is a high-growth role for a strong operator, and will have a sizable, immediate impact on Protocol Labs and the entire web3 ecosystem.
In Strategy & Operations at Protocol Labs, you will…
- Conduct internal and external research to understand the web3 ecosystems needs across a range of service offerings, and optimal delivery model.
- Define and develop the initial set of service offerings; conduct pilot service delivery to ecosystem collaborators to help them with recruiting, marketing, operations, and more.
- Gather and analyze customer feedback, share learnings with the Services team and incorporate them into our operations.
- Build, manage, and support processes critical to team health efficiency, including metrics/KPIs, systems, planning, and decision making.
- Partner with Services leads and systems team to implement dashboards, reporting, systems, and tooling to enhance Protocol Labs effectiveness.
- Improve execution of PL Services by driving / tracking key strategic initiatives.
You may be a fit for this role if you...
- Have 6-10 years of experience in product marketing, business operations & strategy, or management consulting
- You get a kick out of aligning first principles thinking, research and data insights to achieve great results.
- Have strong problem solving, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Handle both complexity and ambiguity well.
- Have deep experience coordinating work across teams with different goals, especially in a global, fully distributed organization.
- Pride yourself in being a self-starter, thriving even without much direction.
- Have a rigorous, process-driven work style backed by an ability to communicate effectively.
- Experience with open source communities / projects.
- Experience with distributed/remote orgs.
What’s it like to work at Protocol Labs?
Protocol Labs mission is to improve humanity’s most important technology, the Internet. We build protocols, systems, and tools to improve how it works. Today, we are focused on how we store, locate, and move information. Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more.
As a distributed team, we hire anywhere in the world, and at various levels of experience (entry, senior, staff). We look for people with unique perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
We have a great benefits package, including parental leave, contributions to your retirement, competitive pay, and unlimited time off. For U.S.-based employees, we also provide platinum-level health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.
Why you should join Protocol Labs
Protocol Labs is an open-source R&D lab. We build protocols, tools, and services to radically improve the internet. Our products serve thousands of organizations and millions of people.
Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, Sourcecred, and many more. Today, we are focused on the Web3 space. Our projects center on distributed systems, cryptocurrencies, cryptography, and game theory. Long term, we hope to establish a lab capable of repeatable innovation, and we aspire to R&D breakthroughs that make human existence orders of magnitude better.
We are a fully distributed company. We have over 100 team members, we work with thousands more in open source, and we collaborate with 100+ organizations.