Chief of Staff at Protocol Labs
About the role
Protocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. We build protocols, systems, and tools to improve how it works. Today, we are focused on how we store, locate, and move information. Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more. As Chief of Staff, you’ll play a key role enabling and supporting our CEO. The Chief of Staff will have an impact on the efficiency and productivity of the company, streamlining business initiatives, driving program management and communicating cross functional objectives.
- Manage and drive improvements to Protocol Labs and leadership team operations (e.g., planning, metrics, processes, systems)
- Coordinate and participate in leadership and board meetings, ensuring that meetings are relevant, well structured, and effective (e.g., agendas, action items, etc.)
- Attend non-critical meetings on behalf of the CEO, report back synthesized key information and requests
- Lead special projects that are urgent and important on behalf of the CEO
- Partner with the CEO on solving key issues that directly affect the success of Protocol Labs
- Develop relationships with Labbers and keep a pulse across all facets of the business, transfer knowledge and connect dots with appropriate team members across functions
- Act as the communication arm for the CEO with team members, clients, investors, community members, and other stakeholders
- Experience as a developer or researcher on complex technical topics (CS degree strongly preferred)
- Entrepreneurial experience as a founder in a technology company
- Strong strategy & operations experience (e.g., management consulting, business operations, etc.)
- Proven ability to partner with senior stakeholders across functions and influence without authority
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form
- web3/open-source experience strongly preferred
What’s it like to work at Protocol Labs?
Protocol Labs mission is to improve humanity’s most important technology, the Internet. We build protocols, systems, and tools to improve how it works. Today, we are focused on how we store, locate, and move information. Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more.
As a distributed team, we hire anywhere in the world, and at various levels of experience (entry, senior, staff). We look for people with unique perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
We have a great benefits package, including parental leave, contributions to your retirement, competitive pay, and unlimited time off. For U.S.-based employees, we also provide platinum-level health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.
Why you should join Protocol Labs
Protocol Labs is an open-source R&D lab. We build protocols, tools, and services to radically improve the internet. Our products serve thousands of organizations and millions of people.
Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, Sourcecred, and many more. Today, we are focused on the Web3 space. Our projects center on distributed systems, cryptocurrencies, cryptography, and game theory. Long term, we hope to establish a lab capable of repeatable innovation, and we aspire to R&D breakthroughs that make human existence orders of magnitude better.
We are a fully distributed company. We have over 100 team members, we work with thousands more in open source, and we collaborate with 100+ organizations.