Sr. People Ops Manager at Protocol Labs
About the role
People at Protocol Labs
The People Team at Protocol Labs powers our organization’s work. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and spec work, behind our implementations are passionate people, teammates and community members. The People Team ensures that “Labbers” (our term of endearment for people at PL) remain happy, aligned and productive. Protocol Labs works at the intersection of many exciting fields (crypto, networks, distributed systems) and cultures (startups, research, open source, distributed work). The People Team has the challenging and exciting task of taking the best from these cultures to shape the way we work at Protocol Labs and ensure we all grow as people and professionals. All of this happens in an environment defined by curiosity, passion, and a love for open source.
- Manage and lead a team of Coordinators and Generalists executing critical People Ops and Recruiting operations
- Guide the overall People Team function including day-to-day People Ops activities, consulting and advising on policy and procedure, headcount, compensation, DE&I, employee relations, development, and organizational and change management
- Serve as a strategic business partner in driving the business as it relates to our people, culture and organizational effectiveness
- Build, develop, and maintain strong collaborative working relationships with leaders and Labbers across all functions
- Proactively assess business needs for People team and develop strategies to meet those needs, including automation to improve efficiency, Labber training and development and tools to develop a high performance culture
- Address and help resolve Labber relation issues and other immediate issues to minimize risk and build a healthy and productive culture
- Ensure alignment between individual and company goals and objectives
- Sponsor and lead company initiatives that support the overall brand strategy
- Coach Labbers and leaders on career development, goal setting, performance improvement, and people management
- Partner with leadership team on talent assessment, organizational design, and learning and development initiatives
- Partner Head of People to develop and drive HR strategy, tackling projects and programs at all levels - strategic, operational, and tactical
- Develop a strategy to promote positive employment branding as well as a well-defined Labber lifecycle
- Engage contractors and other resources to fill gaps where necessary to execute goals outlined in the People strategy
- Manage and delegate high impact, large-scoped People Team initiatives
You may be a fit for this role if you have...
- 5+ years of experience in People Ops/HR/HR business partnership, preferably in the tech industry
- Analytical and data management skills, with the ability to translate data into actionable next steps, projects and processes
- Strong Microsoft Office and Google suite skills: Sheets, Docs, Slides, Forms
- Excellent communication and consultative skills; the ability to translate data for different audiences
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative team environment, and to build and maintain successful relationships with all levels of the organization, achieve credibility, and influence outcomes
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy with your own work and reviewing the work of others
- Demonstrated discretion and sound judgment handling sensitive and confidential data
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to drive programs and execute on projects independently and resourcefully
- If you are pointed at a problem you can take ownership of it start to finish and we don't have to worry about you missing requirements
What’s it like to work at Protocol Labs?
Protocol Labs mission is to improve humanity’s most important technology, the Internet. We build protocols, systems, and tools to improve how it works. Today, we are focused on how we store, locate, and move information. Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more.
As a distributed team, we hire anywhere in the world, and at various levels of experience (entry, senior, staff). We look for people with unique perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
We have a great benefits package, including parental leave, contributions to your retirement, competitive pay, and unlimited time off. For U.S.-based employees, we also provide platinum-level health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.
Why you should join Protocol Labs
Protocol Labs is an open-source R&D lab. We build protocols, tools, and services to radically improve the internet. Our products serve thousands of organizations and millions of people.
Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, Sourcecred, and many more. Today, we are focused on the Web3 space. Our projects center on distributed systems, cryptocurrencies, cryptography, and game theory. Long term, we hope to establish a lab capable of repeatable innovation, and we aspire to R&D breakthroughs that make human existence orders of magnitude better.
We are a fully distributed company. We have over 100 team members, we work with thousands more in open source, and we collaborate with 100+ organizations.