Social Media Manager at Protocol Labs
About the role
Protocol Labs is seeking a Social Media Manager to both build best-practice growth strategies, own social tactics, and posting across all of our various channels. Your goal is to assist, educate, and excite every member of our community. You will be responsible for communication with our community primarily on Twitter, Reddit, and Slack but also occasionally over email, Telegram, Discord and other channels. This audience includes everyone from industry leaders, Protocol Labs partners, and investors to miners, developers, and users.
- Manage day-to-day posting on Protocol Labs’ social media properties.
- Create and execute Social Media & Influencer campaigns - Blockchain & Crypto influencer marketing, utilizing relevant channels like Twitter, Twitch, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, and Clubhouse to reach audiences.
- Monitor online conversations and guide them towards learning and positivity, sticking to our core messaging and voice guidelines.
- Communicate directly via Twitter, Slack, Telegram, email, and other channels - answer questions, resolve issues, make them happy.
- Be able to speak to, and contribute to, a deep knowledge base of questions about Filecoin, IPFS, Protocol Labs, and related areas of blockchain technology.
- Be the eyes and ears of the Protocol Labs brands in the community -- share any feedback or relevant brand perception with the rest of the marketing team.
- Partner with the rest of the marketing team to create multi-channel campaigns and strategies around Protocol Labs projects.
- Work alongside Developer Relations and product managers to help engage and serve the community.
- Create processes and documentation so that the social media team can be scaled when necessary.
- Create KPIs and monitor effective benchmarks (Best Practices) for measuring the impact of social media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on the effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- 5+ years experience in Social Media Management
- 2+ years of experience working in web3/cryptocurrency/blockchain
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to manage a large number of tasks per day
What’s it like to work at Protocol Labs?
Protocol Labs mission is to improve humanity’s most important technology, the Internet. We build protocols, systems, and tools to improve how it works. Today, we are focused on how we store, locate, and move information. Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more.
As a distributed team, we hire anywhere in the world, and at various levels of experience (entry, senior, staff). We look for people with unique perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
We have a great benefits package, including parental leave, contributions to your retirement, competitive pay, and unlimited time off. For U.S.-based employees, we also provide platinum-level health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.
Why you should join Protocol Labs
Protocol Labs is an open-source R&D lab. We build protocols, tools, and services to radically improve the internet. Our products serve thousands of organizations and millions of people.
Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, Sourcecred, and many more. Today, we are focused on the Web3 space. Our projects center on distributed systems, cryptocurrencies, cryptography, and game theory. Long term, we hope to establish a lab capable of repeatable innovation, and we aspire to R&D breakthroughs that make human existence orders of magnitude better.
We are a fully distributed company. We have over 100 team members, we work with thousands more in open source, and we collaborate with 100+ organizations.