Product Marketing Lead, Filecoin at Protocol Labs
About the role
Product Marketing at Protocol Labs
Though much of our core focus centers around low-level internet protocol software, deep product thinking and marketing to our target audiences play a key role in our success. Product Marketing works in a highly cross-functional manner, collaborating closely with Engineering, Research, Business Development, Support, and the broader open source community. This team is being formed for the first time and has a wide mandate to communicate and celebrate our technology: ranging from low-level software protocols to our community’s suite of growing end-user applications and developer tools.
In Product Marketing at Protocol Labs, you will...
- Deeply understand how to scope and execute marketing strategies needed to reach different user segments, who are often technical
- Create compelling narratives for our products that showcase their current features, performance, and vast future potential
- Advocate for our existing and prospective users, be informed about our competitive landscape, and become the go-to expert for your product area to help shape the product roadmap and strategy
- Develop product positioning and messaging informed by user research, market insights, and product understanding
- Work closely with a range of cross-functional teams including our CEO, product managers, engineers, and researchers
- Track the right metrics and execute campaigns that drive awareness and adoption on an ongoing basis
You may be a fit for this role if you…
- Have a passion for technology
- 10+ years of experience in marketing that includes product marketing, field marketing, campaign design and thought leadership
- Experience working in enterprise software-as-a-service companies, preferably in storage
- Metrics driven with strong analytical skills
- Combination of small and large company experience with a track record of doing the work and leading by example
- Get energy from frequently interviewing users and deeply understanding what they care about most
- Can synthesize complex technology and concepts into product communication for a broad audience including developers, media, non-technical users, and industry experts
- Pride yourself on your excellent oral and written communication skills
- Have created multimedia marketing campaigns that synthesize complex content into actionable how-tos
- Have successfully built technical marketing strategies and teams from the ground up
- Thrive working cross-functionally alongside a diverse set of technical stakeholders
- Are a self-starter and enjoy creating order out of ambiguity, frequently evolving needs, and priorities
- Excel at managing internal and external teams to accomplish broad-ranging outcomes
- Demonstrated success as a product spokesperson on a national or global level
- Previous experience with press and media
- Experience and interest in blockchain technology and distributed systems
- Experience with open source communities and projects
- Experience with distributed organizations
- Experience in enterprise archive markets, cloud and distributed filesystems
- Background in software engineering
What’s it like to work at Protocol Labs?
Protocol Labs mission is to improve humanity’s most important technology, the Internet. We build protocols, systems, and tools to improve how it works. Today, we are focused on how we store, locate, and move information. Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more.
As a distributed team, we hire anywhere in the world, and at various levels of experience (entry, senior, staff). We look for people with unique perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
We have a great benefits package, including parental leave, contributions to your retirement, competitive pay, and unlimited time off. For U.S.-based employees, we also provide platinum-level health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.
Why you should join Protocol Labs
Protocol Labs is an open-source R&D lab. We build protocols, tools, and services to radically improve the internet. Our products serve thousands of organizations and millions of people.
Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, Sourcecred, and many more. Today, we are focused on the Web3 space. Our projects center on distributed systems, cryptocurrencies, cryptography, and game theory. Long term, we hope to establish a lab capable of repeatable innovation, and we aspire to R&D breakthroughs that make human existence orders of magnitude better.
We are a fully distributed company. We have over 100 team members, we work with thousands more in open source, and we collaborate with 100+ organizations.