Startup Operations & Business Development, Ecosystem Growth at Protocol Labs
About the role
We are looking for a Startup Operator to dramatically grow the Filecoin and IPFS Ecosystem of applications, clients, miners, developers, token holders and partners.
You’ll be tasked with helping our disruptive open source projects solve some of their most critical problems. You will work with Project Leads, Product Managers, Engineers, and more to break down complex situations and co-create actionable solutions both within and across Protocol Labs's projects.
You can think of this role as similar to the Founder of a start-up, helping grow the adoption of our Web3 Ecosystem, while problem solving complex issues related to their adoption. This will involve leveraging Web3 incentives and principles, forming collaborations with critical ecosystem partners, and engaging lots of outside groups to help accelerate growth among those stakeholders.
As Startup Operator at Protocol Labs you will...
- Create programs to dramatically grow the number of applications, clients, miners, developers, token holders and partners in the Filecoin ecosystem
- Attract high powered teams to build on our stack, including those building in Web3 as well as more traditional tech companies building in Web2
- Explore new business models through incentive design and engineering and drive awareness beyond our core communities.
- Evaluate ROI of various grants and investments to incentivize outside parties
- Help manage Filecoin’s internal and external communications
- Be the first actor when it comes to identifying the need for, spinning up, staffing, and executing on new initiatives - role flexibility is a must
- External orientation, ability to rally outside stakeholders to join the growth of Filecoin & IPFS
- Exceptional project management skills to execute effectively and efficiently
- A generalist “founder” skillset is a must, to be able to tackle new and interesting challenges within the ecosystem team as they arise - the role will likely evolve over time
- Experience with open source communities / projects
- Experience with distributed orgs
- Background in software engineering
- Web3 experience
What’s it like to work at Protocol Labs?
Protocol Labs mission is to improve humanity’s most important technology, the Internet. We build protocols, systems, and tools to improve how it works. Today, we are focused on how we store, locate, and move information. Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more.
As a distributed team, we hire anywhere in the world, and at various levels of experience (entry, senior, staff). We look for people with unique perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
We have a great benefits package, including parental leave, contributions to your retirement, competitive pay, and unlimited time off. For U.S.-based employees, we also provide platinum-level health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.
Why you should join Protocol Labs
Protocol Labs is an open-source R&D lab. We build protocols, tools, and services to radically improve the internet. Our products serve thousands of organizations and millions of people.
Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, Sourcecred, and many more. Today, we are focused on the Web3 space. Our projects center on distributed systems, cryptocurrencies, cryptography, and game theory. Long term, we hope to establish a lab capable of repeatable innovation, and we aspire to R&D breakthroughs that make human existence orders of magnitude better.
We are a fully distributed company. We have over 100 team members, we work with thousands more in open source, and we collaborate with 100+ organizations.