People Operations Coordinator at Proxy
About the role
Let’s start with why we exist…
We believe the most important technologies in the world don’t seek your attention, they work for you, they empower you, and they get out of the way, so you can focus your attention on what matters most.
We believe that everything around you should be simpler, faster, and more seamless. We believe in a world where you can control everything around you, by simply being present and having technology do the work for you by turning the mundane into the magical. We believe you should be able to experience the world in personalized ways rich with your preferences and taste, while staying in control of your data and privacy.
We are creating this world by building your digital Proxy. It’s your identities, your preferences, your ID cards, your wallet, your links to the physical world, augmented and represented by a signal emitted from your smartphone or wearable that tells the world around you who you are, what you want, and how you want it.
We exist to empower you with your digital identity for the physical world. Access more. Share less.
Why this role exists...
- Proxy continues to grow, so does the engine that keeps the business humming along. This is a hybrid role that focuses on recruitment, people programs and workplace operations.
- People are our greatest asset, and it’s important we hire top talent, ensure a positive employee experience through cultivating a strong culture, grow and develop our people and the organization, insulate the business from internal and external risk, all while maintaining a pillar of operational excellence.
- The People team is lean, and we stretch each role to maximize coverage. This is a broad role that allows an individual to get their hands on many aspects of a People organization, and explore where they may want to take their career.
What You’ll Do…
- You will own the candidate experience from scheduling interviews to pre-boarding new hires, including the coordination of candidate and/or new hire travel along with any expense reimbursements associated.
- You are maniacal about data cleanliness and accuracy within our applicant tracking system (Greenhouse) and are relentless tracking down interviewer feedback to keep our hiring on track.
- You have an eye for talent, and are comfortable sourcing through third party systems and tools.
- As you become more comfortable, you’ll begin owning more recruiting programs and individual job reqs, providing a path towards operations or full cycle recruitment.
- You will assist with running payroll, managing 401k contributions and benefits administration.
- Over time, you’ll take on more ownership over the onboarding process and programs associated with new hire inductions.
- Build and manage employee rewards and milestone programs.
- You’ll oversee office operations for our SF and RWC locations.
- Workplace vendor management (cleaners, landlords, snacks, etc.).
- Ensure our office is welcoming and a positive reflection of our culture.
- You care about people, and are motivated by providing positive experiences.
- 3+ years prior experience as a Recruiting Coordinator, HR Specialist, Program Manager or Office Manager
- Excellent verbal and digital communication skills
- Self-motivated individual who can demonstrate initiative, maturity, and discretion
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Friendly, customer service oriented, who pays keen attention to detail
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately execute responsibilities with a sense of urgency and follow-through
- Proficient knowledge of Google apps (Gmail, Google Calendar, etc.) as well as Microsoft office (Word, Excel)
- Startup experience (a plus)
- You are the number two on the People Team. You will display leadership and take ownership over key initiatives while being a resource for employees. Everyone will know you and you will become their best friend.
- You will have a chance to make a large impact felt throughout the business, by designing ergonomic office spaces, seamless and efficient recruiting processes, and running internal programs that make the lives of employees easier.
Why you should join Proxy
At Proxy, we believe that humans should be empowered, rather than beholden, to technology, and that technology should be used to make our experiences in the world frictionless. Our vision is to live in a world where the technology and services we use can securely recognize our physical presence and seamlessly provide us with an experience personalized to our individual needs and preferences. Most importantly - the ability to do this with complete control of your personal data and privacy.