Head of QA at Proxy
About the role
Let’s start with why we exist…
We believe the most important technologies in the world don’t seek your attention, they work for you, they empower you, and they get out of the way, so you can focus your attention on what matters most.
We believe that everything around you should be simpler, faster, and more seamless. We believe in a world where you can control everything around you, by simply being present and having technology do the work for you by turning the mundane into the magical. We believe you should be able to experience the world in personalized ways rich with your preferences and taste, while staying in control of your data and privacy.
We are creating this world by building your digital Proxy. It’s your identities, your preferences, your ID cards, your wallet, your links to the physical world, augmented and represented by a signal emitted from your smartphone or wearable that tells the world around you who you are, what you want, and how you want it.
We exist to empower you with your digital identity for the physical world. Access more. Share less.
Why this role exists...
- We are looking for a leader to provide the overall strategy and direction for quality assurance, upholding our quality standards for every feature, product and service we release.
- You will be on the hook for taking full ownership over test engineering systems, processes and capabilities to meet our testing needs across multiple company product lines.
- Lastly, an automation-first approach is paramount and you will bring the expertise to get us testing more efficiently to speed up our time to market.
- You will review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate end-to-end testing activities (different levels of testing, backwards compatibility tests, API tests, use debuggers tools etc.), which includes assisting Product in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans for our internal and external testers (Alpha / Beta / Early Access Program).
- Establish key performance metrics that measure product quality and acceptance thresholds.
- Perform the required testing activities, sharing results and recommendations, monitoring the debugging process results and investigating the causes of non-conforming results.
- Engage with Proxy’s customers and customer-facing teams to ensure our products comply with their standards and requirements, resolving any edge cases or uncommon issues that arise.
- BS in Software, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Equivalent work experience
- Experience growing and leading teams
- Proven ability to build a QA strategy that encompasses an automation-first approach
- You have a strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and development cycles for mobile (iOS and Android) and web applications
- You can read and understand technical logs, crash analytics, find bugs, and provide detailed and actionable feedback; writing SQL queries is required for this.
- Advanced level experience with Jira
- If you really want to set yourself up for success, you’ll have experience with Xray and TestRail, especially interaction with Xray API
- In addition, experience with testing products that integrate wireless communication technology such as BLE & WiFi
- You will work directly across all departments at Proxy, on the hook for building the foundation of QA and tasked with growing the department over time.
- Your curiosity will never run dry, and your ability to apply creative thinking will continually be challenged.
Why you should join Proxy
At Proxy, we believe that humans should be empowered, rather than beholden, to technology, and that technology should be used to make our experiences in the world frictionless. Our vision is to live in a world where the technology and services we use can securely recognize our physical presence and seamlessly provide us with an experience personalized to our individual needs and preferences. Most importantly - the ability to do this with complete control of your personal data and privacy.