VP of Product
About the role
Let’s start with why we exist…
We believe the most important technologies in the world don’t seek your attention, they work for you, they empower you, and they get out of the way, so you can focus your attention on what matters most.
We believe that everything around you should be simpler, faster, and more seamless - that everything should be frictionless. We believe in a world where you can control everything around you, by simply being present and having technology do the work for you by turning the mundane into the magical. We believe you should be able to experience the world personalized ways rich with your preferences and taste, while staying in control of your data and privacy.
We are creating this world by building your digital Proxy. It’s your preferences, your identities, your ID cards, your wallet, your physical world experience, augmented and represented by a signal emitted from your smartphone that tells the world around you, who you are, what you want, and how you want it.
We exist to empower you with your digital Proxy and to make it universally accessible and infinitely useful to you.
Why this role exists...
- Demands of the business are increasingly pulling our CEO’s focus in multiple directions, and the continual planning and execution of the Proxy platform and its solutions is critical to our success.
- A seasoned leader who obsesses over building meaningful products and features to not only delight our customers, but keeps the best interest of the business at heart, and not wavering on our guiding principles.
- We have a talented group of PMs who will benefit from more mentorship and guidance around the mechanics of end-to-end product oversight and execution.
- You’ll make sure the right product is prioritized, the plan defined, its value validated and delivered on time.
- Such requires you to identify and assess the validity and feasibility of product opportunities, leading towards developing a product strategy and road map for development.
- You’ll mentor and lead a small team of product managers in executing the defined product road map.
- Navigating through organizational complexity to understand competing goals, work through tradeoffs and set expectations around timelines.
- Evangelizing the product both externally to potential users and customers, as well as internally to colleagues, the executive team and the board.
- Being a champion for the customer and user, to create great products people love.
- Lastly, being the standards barer who holds teams and others accountable for achieving exceptional outcomes.
- You have the technical acumen to dive deep into the technical details of hardware, software and mobile products, SDKs and APIs.
- You should be able to go punch for punch with engineering to push for great outcomes.
- You’re a builder, an innovator who has carried software and hardware products from kick-off through production and beyond.
- You’re maniacal about continuous product improvement and can optimize for shipping a portfolio of small, medium and large releases.
- You can see the big picture and turn our CEO’s vision and strategy into actionable outcomes and products in the market.
- You have mentored and grown teams of exceptional PMs, instilling design thinking and first-principles approach to executing a product strategy with a team that motivates and pushes each other to do their best work.
- Seek partners with divergent perspectives to help make high-quality, lasting decisions.
- Have a whatever-it-takes approach to ensure that our products and team are successful.
- You can separate good products from great products and drive teams to excel in producing great products.
- You will collaborate directly with the CEO to help develop our multi-year vision, strategy and roadmap for our products and features, while surfacing the challenges, risks and gaps we must proactively address.
- Formalize the foundation and principles of the product organization, one that builds upon the curiosity and wonder of what can be.
- Take these ideas, and craft them into revolutionary experiences that have lasting impacts on how we experience the world around us.
Why you should join Proxy
At Proxy, we believe that humans should be empowered, rather than beholden, to technology, and that technology should be used to make our experiences in the world frictionless. Our vision is to live in a world where the technology and services we use can securely recognize our physical presence and seamlessly provide us with an experience personalized to our individual needs and preferences. Most importantly - the ability to do this with complete control of your personal data and privacy.