Business Operations - Remote or Bay Area
About the role
Pulley's mission is to make it easier for anyone to start a company. We strongly believe that more startups should be created, and that founder-led companies are more successful in the long term. With Pulley’s cap table management tools, companies can better understand and optimize their equity. Starting a company is hard enough. Managing a cap table shouldn’t be. If you would like to join our mission of helping more founders start companies, let’s talk!
You will help scale a fast growing startup from 5 people to 50 by first filling key roles yourself, building processes to help that function scale, and backfilling for yourself by hiring specialists in sales, recruiting, marketing, etc. over time.
This role is ideal for someone who wants to start their company after Pulley.
🔑 Key Responsibilities
- Conduct market research and analysis. Turn your research into marketing plans or product plans to inform the engineering roadmap.
- Determine PR and marketing strategy, build relationships with reporters, drive content marketing via creating educational resources for customers.
- Onboard and support Pulley users by becoming an expert at equity and cap table management. Over time help build out the onboarding team and process to scale.
- Help determine how to build out the team, and own the recruiting process and pipeline to grow the team from 5 to 20 in the next 18 months.
- Lead special projects with the CEO.
🧩 You are a good fit if you have
- 3+ years of work experience (new grads also encouraged to apply)
- Strong written communication skills
- A strong work ethic and willingness to do whatever it takes to deliver results
- A high tolerance for ambiguity
- An engineering or quantitative background
🧧 Benefits & Salary
We pay market salaries and are generous with equity compensation to align the company’s success with your long term success.
- Benefits include:
- Health insurance
- Unlimited vacations
- Commuting & food
This is a full time position that can be remote or based in the San Francisco Bay Area (preferred)
🙌 Who we are
We are a small team of hard working and focused engineers. We have prior experience at Microsoft, Docker, Pebble, and more. 75% of us have previously started venture backed companies and Yin (founder & CEO) sold her previous company to MSFT.
We raised a $10 million series A led by Stripe with participation by Y Combinator, General Catalyst, Caffeinated Capital, 8VC, Combine and many successful entrepreneurs and CEOs such as Elad Gil, Parker Conrad, Jack Altman, Avichal Garg, Matt Macinnis and Jeannette Zu Furstenberg, among others.
🎉 Join our team
To join us on our mission of empowering more founders to start companies, contact email@example.com.
Why you should join Pulley
Pulley's mission is to make it easier for anyone to start a company. We strongly believe that more startups should be created, and that founder-led companies are more successful in the long term. With Pulley’s cap table management tools, companies can better understand and optimize their equity. Starting a company is hard enough. Managing a cap table shouldn’t be.
We started Pulley because most of us have worked at early stage startups and have found equity to be confusing. We want to help builders and creators grow and own more of their company in the long term. If you would like to join our mission of helping more founders start companies, let’s talk!
We are growing quickly
We’re a small team looking for passionate, execution-focused, self-starters to help us build cap table management tools for founders. Within six months of our launch, we had over 1,000 startup customers and our growth trajectory is even steeper now that we’ve announced our $10 Series A led by Stripe with participation from General Catalyst, Caffeinated Capital, 8vc, Elad Gil, among other great angels. We have partnership deals that will get us to profitability in a year. All of our growth has been organic, and we’re growing the team to meet demand.
We are team of eight with four former Y Combinator founders on the team. Yin (founder) sold her last company to MSFT. We are solving a real need with a huge market and are looking for great folks to join our team.
To join our team, apply on Bookface or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.