Account Executive at Pulley
About the role
Pulley (https://pulley.com) helps companies, investors, and employees optimize the most valuable asset they own - their equity. Managing equity is one of the most important tasks for a startup to get right, but can also be one of the most confusing. Pulley builds tools to help companies model financing options, manage equity plans, and issue shares to investors and employees to make the process much easier to handle.
We are a small team of hard working and focused engineers. We have prior experience at Microsoft, Docker, Pebble, and more. 75% of us have previously started venture backed companies and Yin (founder & CEO) sold her previous company to MSFT.
We've raised a $10 million Series A led by Stripe with participation by Y Combinator, General Catalyst, Caffeinated Capital, 8VC, Combine and many successful entrepreneurs and CEOs.
We're growing fast and looking to expand our Account Executive Team.
- Develop outbound strategies to create and nurture opportunities
- Own the full sales cycle from lead to close for high growth technology companies
- Develop relationships with executive stakeholders at new clients
- Work with company leaders from multiple functions (e.g., Engineering, Product, and Finance) to lead complex product workshops and financial analyses
- Lead and contribute to team projects to develop and refine our sales process
- Engage with Product and Engineering teams to help drive product strategy
We value doers and builders and not strategists. We value people on the team who want to roll up their sleeves to get work done.
🧩 Qualifications & Fit
- 5+ years of work experience in a fast-paced, startup environment preferably selling a technical product with a track record of high performance.
- Ability to understand complex technical requirements and craft solutions across multiple products
- Ability to develop and execute account plans spanning multiple business units across complex organizations
- Strong presentation skills, particularly for in-person meetings with multiple stakeholders
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- A strong work ethic and willingness to do whatever it takes to deliver results
- A high tolerance for ambiguity
- Ability to switch context and still deliver on core initiatives
If you don't necessarily meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. We hire opportunistically to bring on board great people.
🧧 Benefits & Salary
We are building a small team of exceptional people. We will compensate you for your experience.
We offer the following benefits:
- Generous health insurance
- Unlimited vacations
- Commuting benefits & food
Why you should join Pulley
Pulley's mission is to make it easier for anyone to start a company. We strongly believe that more startups should be created, and that founder-led companies are more successful in the long term. With Pulley’s cap table management tools, companies can better understand and optimize their equity. Starting a company is hard enough. Managing a cap table shouldn’t be.
We started Pulley because most of us have worked at early stage startups and have found equity to be confusing. We want to help builders and creators grow and own more of their company in the long term. If you would like to join our mission of helping more founders start companies, let’s talk!
We are growing quickly
We’re a small team looking for passionate, execution-focused, self-starters to help us build cap table management tools for founders. Within six months of our launch, we had over 1,000 startup customers and our growth trajectory is even steeper now that we’ve announced our $10 Series A led by Stripe with participation from General Catalyst, Caffeinated Capital, 8vc, Elad Gil, among other great angels. We have partnership deals that will get us to profitability in a year. All of our growth has been organic, and we’re growing the team to meet demand.
We are team of eight with four former Y Combinator founders on the team. Yin (founder) sold her last company to MSFT. We are solving a real need with a huge market and are looking for great folks to join our team.
To join our team, apply on Bookface or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.