Senior Product Designer at PullRequest
About the role
PullRequest is on a mission to pioneer a new model of code review where organizations of all sizes get access to engineering experts and advanced code quality tooling. We are rethinking how teams manage code review, compliance, and engineering velocity. We offer both automation and a network of on-demand reviewers to improve teams and code bases. We believe that reviewers should have access to Bay Area level work without having to be in the Bay Area. We believe that the future of knowledge work should not be commoditized.
PullRequest has successfully completed funding rounds with premier tier venture investors such as Gradient Ventures, Google’s AI-focused venture fund. We have reviewers in almost every state across the United States of America. We’re looking for engaged, talented people who want to change how the world thinks about code review.
As a company, we value action over design by committee. Every employee is empowered to make decisions and to work towards our common goals. Every decision we make is from the lens of our mission: to support development teams achieve their goals while improving code quality.
Our product and engineering team is responsible for building the core of the PullRequest platform. We’re looking for a product designer that is able to help improve the user experience across our product and define a consistent brand. Designers at PullRequest help do everything from creating wireframes and mockups for engineers to optimizing user experience for our customers.
What you’ll do
- Take ownership of PullRequest platform design and user flows that have a direct and significant impact on the collective success of the company.
- Work closely with engineering, product, and marketing teams to provide design expertise as needed.
- Develop a consistent look and feel for the PullRequest products ranging from our customer application to the code review tools our reviewers use.
- Identify ways to optimize user experience and help design our product to be more friendly for the many personas using our platform.
- Ability to reduce complex problems down to the right balance of flexibility, power, and ease of use.
- Have 4+ years relevant design experience at a tech, product-driven company.
- Have excellent communication skills and experience working alongside engineers and product managers.
- Willing to pitch in for various design needs of the company. As a startup, we all wear many hats.
- Ability to work with autonomy and make decisions on your own, yet also able to compromise when changes are needed.
Why you should join PullRequest
PullRequest has built the world's first platform for code review as as a service (CRaaS). With thousands of reviewers on the platform, we can help development teams of all sizes and backgrounds scale while maintaining code quality. Backing the reviewers we have built process and automation utilities to check their work and help them move more efficiently. We're using these tools and data to build holistically self-healing tools for enterprises to use in their CI/CD workflows. As a team, we believe that helping developers move quickly while lowering defects and long term issues will change the world; we've already caught multi-million dollar bugs, issues with mission critical hardware software, and made lives easier for other developers.