Senior Product Manager, E-Commerce
About the role
Quartzy is seeking a Senior Product Manager - eCommerce to join us in our next phase of product growth. In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of product management, everything from exploring new business opportunities, writing specs, coordinating with relevant stakeholders, to owning big and small launches. You’ll be a central part of the company, working cross-functionally with other departments as well as with the leadership team to define the roadmap and strategy. With a product that intersects between the SaaS and e-commerce space, it’s an exciting opportunity to build something that will have a true impact on scientific research.
About You You are a forward thinker who will motivate the team and enable them to produce their best work. You have a collaborative mindset, but you are also decisive and can ruthlessly prioritize what needs to get done to achieve business outcomes. You ceaselessly endeavor to understand the root problems customers face before entertaining solutions. You understand business objectives and work to balance speed and quality in product development. Most of all, you are a builder and a problem solver at heart, and you seek to develop thoughtful solutions that will delight our customers.
Why Quartzy Quartzy is the world’s #1 lab management platform. Every day, hundreds of thousands of scientists from all over the world improve the efficiency of their research by using Quartzy. Our software combines lab resource management and eCommerce, producing unique value in this large market, returning time to researchers who can focus on their next discoveries. Our customers range from wine makers, to food/ag companies, to companies working on COVID testing and cancer therapeutics. We are humbled every day to serve them.
What You’ll Do
- Understand and execute our company strategy and product vision
- Deeply understand our customers and the personas that interact with our software
- Own key initiatives in the product roadmap for Quartzy Shop, our eCommerce platform, and execute against that roadmap to drive business impact
- Prioritize a product scope that balances building strong foundations for future development, solving the most meaningful customer use cases, and getting these solutions into users’ hands as quickly as possible
- Uncover new business opportunities for us that solve true customer pain points in our e-commerce offering
- Develop a deep understand the technical components of eCommerce engines such as products, product variants, invoices, payments, and subscriptions
- Define MVPs and work with engineers to estimate feature delivery timelines, define milestones, and allocate resources accordingly
- Develop products and features from discovery all the way through to delivery and iteration
- Enable high-quality, timely execution of product launches with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
- Takes a quantitative approach to assessing both business and product impact
- Define and analyze metrics to measure the success of products released
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of product management experience where you were involved in discovering, building and shipping innovative products
- 2+ years experience preferred with a B2B/B2C eCommerce product
- A strategic thinker with eCommerce experience that has a want and willingness to push the envelope and bring fresh, innovative ideas to life
- Bachelor's degree or higher, MBA preferred
- Strong leadership, strategic thinking, and practical planning skills
- Ability to analyze different data to identify and articulate opportunities
- Can independently create business cases for high impact products
- Experience ruthlessly prioritizing - saying no to the development of products that won't have a material impact and doing it in a way that your team understands the rationale and the trade-offs being made.
- Experience leading and collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Analytical mindset: You are comfortable diving into complex data sets to derive valuable business insights
- “Roll up your sleeve” mentality: you are not afraid to get into the weeds
- Ownership Mentality: You possess a natural tendency to take initiative and own projects
- Exceptional Communicator: You share your thinking by stating upfront the product goals and can verbalize why certain choices were made and the pros/cons of any alternatives you considered
- Open Mind: You take feedback without defensiveness and will incorporate others’ perspectives if they make sense
- Take Action: You like to move quickly and are always iterating on ideas
What We Offer:
- Great Insurance - we cover 100% of employee premium cost and 50% for partner/family
- Great Culture - participate in our fun events like ActiviTuesday, Wellness Wednesdays, happy hours & speaker series
- Remote Team - we’re 100% distributed so you can live anywhere in the US!
- Transparency - Weekly all company stand ups, monthly town halls, quarterly state of the start ups and anytime access to co-founders
- Generous Time Off - take the time you need, when you need it
- Great Gear - We’ll set you up for success with the latest tech and help you outfit your home office. And, a free Spotify premium account!
Want to learn more take a look at what people are saying about us on Glassdoor!
If that sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
Why you should join Quartzy
Quartzy is the world’s #1 lab management platform. Every day, hundreds of thousands of scientists from all over the world improve the efficiency of their research by using Quartzy. Our team is passionate about accelerating scientific research through well-designed, meaningful tools for academic and industry labs alike.