Developer Relations Engineer at QuestDB
About the role
Helping developers solve their problems is at the center of what we do. Your role will consist of engaging with the user base and orchestrating the growth of our open source communities.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about data and driven to spur continuous awareness of a deep-technology product. We recognize the value of an enthusiastic and energetic individual who is excited about interacting with developer communities on a daily basis.
This is an open-ended role with a substantial degree of autonomy. You will own the development of outreach channels and partnerships to spur adoption. In addition to planning and participating in events, webinars, podcasts, social media or any other initiative to grow the awareness and presence of QuestDB in open source communities.
- Understand and adapt to developers needs: Create feedback loops with the developer community to inform product roadmap. Be the first point of contact for developers requests and questions
- Manage and engage the community: Build engagement developers' social channels and grow our Slack community. Manage outreach to developers online moderating day-to-day community activity in the discussion forums and via conferences, webinars, events, workshops, etc.
- Work in tandem with our content team to create technical articles, tutorials and YouTube content for developers
- Identify strategic partnership opportunities to grow awareness
- Build and deliver technical training workshops using QuestDB and other tools in the open source ecosystem
- Passionate about open-source software developer communities
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Familiarity with cloud-native technologies and observability tools
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Knowledge about time series databases and SQL is a plus
- Background as software developer is a plus
- Experience in community development is a plus
- Relationships in prominent open source communities is a plus
Why you should join QuestDB
We have built the fastest open source time series database from the ground up to offer breakthrough performance for real-time analytics. We are the fastest growing database within the fastest-developing database category.
Developers rely on QuestDB as the analytic backbone of real-time systems ranging from FinTech to machine learning, IoT, and application monitoring. Fortune 500 companies such as Airbus and Yahoo deploy QuestDB for large-scale, data-intensive production systems, some of which serve close to a billion users.
Our HackerNews launch was the third biggest for an open source company at Y Combinator, and our open source repository has gathered more than 5k stars to date. We are a product-first company with a community encompassing more than 10k developers. We are a remote-first company backed by leading venture capital firms and Y Combinator.
We are 100% remote, backed by leading venture capital firms and building the team.