As a Senior Cloud Engineer, you will be a critical part of our growing company,
leading the design and launch of a greenfield cloud-hosted database as a service
(DBaaS) solution. Ideally, you have a background as a full-stack software
engineer, and you specialize in cloud-native technologies, distributed systems,
and orchestration platforms.
- Create a multi-cloud offering for our customers from the ground up
- Design and implement Kubernetes orchestration operator
- Design procedures for troubleshooting and maintenance of the DBaaS system
- Own the rollout and deployment to customers
- Automating resource provisioning including compute and storage resources,
logging, and monitoring
- Automating resource management such as scaling data ingress and egress,
load-balancing, and backups
- Full task automation, such as resources provisioning, cloud backup,
monitoring, scaling data ingress, scaling number of requests, logging,
optimization of compute and storage resources
- Build tools which reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- Configuration of cloud network interfaces
- 5+ years experience working with cloud technologies
- Excellent knowledge of cloud architecture design (e.g., AWS Well-Architected)
- Experience building scalable, resilient, and secured applications
- Expert software development skills in either Python or Node.js / TypeScript
- Proficient with Kubernetes
- Experience with CI/CD & Infrastructure as Code (e.g., Terraform)
- Experience with automated testing, logging and monitoring
- Experience with load balancing/proxies, network architecture and security
- Experience building a scaling public APIs
- Experience with SQL
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong team player who is open to guiding colleagues on your areas of
A candidate who has any of the following skills would stand out:
- Experience with React
- Experience with C++ and Java
- Interest in low-level programming
We have built the fastest open source time series database from the ground up to offer breakthrough performance for real-time analytics. We are the fastest growing database within the fastest-developing database category.
Developers rely on QuestDB as the analytic backbone of real-time systems ranging from FinTech to machine learning, IoT, and application monitoring. Fortune 500 companies such as Airbus and Yahoo deploy QuestDB for large-scale, data-intensive production systems, some of which serve close to a billion users.
Our HackerNews launch was the third biggest for an open source company at Y Combinator, and our open source repository has gathered more than 5k stars to date. We are a product-first company with a community encompassing more than 10k developers. We are a remote-first company backed by leading venture capital firms and Y Combinator.
We are 100% remote, backed by leading venture capital firms and building the team.