Core Database Engineer at QuestDB
About the role
As a Core Database Engineer, you will bring your experience in design, development, and testing to improve our open source time series SQL database. You will continuously improve the system's performance, ensuring that QuestDB remains scalable and easy to use as we roll out new features built with C++ and Java (zero-GC). You will have the opportunity to interact with and gather feedback from QuestDB's growing community of users and contributors. You'll have the chance to work in an open and collaborative environment to improve user experience and the system's consistency along the way.
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience working with SQL databases, distributed systems and data replication.
- Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages, in particular Java and C/C++.
- Good understanding of core Java 11, threading, generics, garbage collection and serialization.
- Experience building relationships with other engineers of the team and being part of the review process.
- Ability to analyze Java core/thread dumps to resolve issues such as memory leaks and latency.
Why you should join QuestDB
We have built the fastest open source time series database from the ground up to offer breakthrough performance for real-time analytics. We are the fastest growing database within the fastest-developing database category.
Developers rely on QuestDB as the analytic backbone of real-time systems ranging from FinTech to machine learning, IoT, and application monitoring. Fortune 500 companies such as Airbus and Yahoo deploy QuestDB for large-scale, data-intensive production systems, some of which serve close to a billion users.
Our HackerNews launch was the third biggest for an open source company at Y Combinator, and our open source repository has gathered more than 5k stars to date. We are a product-first company with a community encompassing more than 10k developers. We are a remote-first company backed by leading venture capital firms and Y Combinator.
We are 100% remote, backed by leading venture capital firms and building the team.