Cloud Software Engineer
About the role
Quilt is a data hub that manages datasets like code, with immutable versions, data quality checks, embedded documentation and visualization, and a beautiful web catalog. Quilt is to Amazon S3 as Github is to git.
You will be a key member of remote engineering team. We are a tight-knit team of computer scientists who take pride in what we build. We are looking for an experienced Cloud Engineer, with strong computer science fundamentals, to deliver high-quality, delightful features to our customers with.
You have experience with the following platforms and technologies:
- Python, including backend and web frameworks like Flask and Django
- Blob Storage (i.e. S3, GCS, etc)
- Enterprise software features (e.g. SSO, license management, IT configuration, and scripted deployment)
- Open source - managing projects and releases; engaging contributors
- Cloud-native and serverless applications
You use all of the following technologies (and have hacked the internals of one or more):
- Version control systems, especially git
- Distributed data
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Databases, both SQL and NoSQL
You are committed to producing high-quality code in a team setting:
- Unit tests
- Code reviews
- Integration tests and continuous deployment
Nice to have
Experience with data science, data engineering, or visualization.
What we expect
- Know your software engineering.
- Have a strong CS background, in order to choose the right algorithms, systems, approaches, and patterns to solve problems.
- Hit the ground running. Therefore, 3 or more years of industry experience is required.
- Experience with Python, and at least one systems programming language (C++, Java, or Go).
- Experience with AWS and/or Kubernetes a plus.
- Act as a technologist.
- Bias towards action and shipping. Once you’ve sketched out an idea, you find the fastest path to a prototype to prove the concept.
- Strong ability to write production code quickly.
- Be comfortable with a range of languages, open source tools, and frameworks. You are excited to learn something new when the need arises.
- Be creative: you’ll come up with new ideas based on your broad understanding of technological possibilities and city domain knowledge.
- Solve problems, together.
- Come up with novel solutions, working well with non-technologists and others.
- Ask hard questions and challenge assumptions to ensure that we’re solving the right problems.
- Have the flexibility to work on the team’s most pressing problems.
- Care; about our customers, getting data infrastructure right, solving hard problems, and making our team successful.
- 3+ years of leadership in commercial or open source settings
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- Demonstrated track record of shipping technical products at scale
About the job
- Generous salary and equity
- Full benefits for US-based employees (health, vision, dental, family/partner)
- Fun and close-knit team of craftsmen, hackers, and computer scientists who code as quickly as we debate
Why you should join Quilt Data
Quilt manages data like code so that companies can experiment faster