Quilt is a data hub that manages datasets like code, with immutable versions, data quality checks, embedded documentation and visualization, and a beautiful web catalog. Quilt is to Amazon S3 as Github is to git.
You will be a key member of remote engineering team. We are a tight-knit team of computer scientists who take pride in what we build. We are looking for an experienced Cloud Engineer, with strong computer science fundamentals, to deliver high-quality, delightful features to our diverse customer base.
You have experience with the following platforms and technologies:
- Python, including backend and web frameworks like Flask and Django
- Blob Storage (i.e. S3, GCS, etc)
- Enterprise software features (e.g. SSO, license management, IT configuration, network management and scripted deployment)
- Open source - managing projects and releases; engaging contributors
- Cloud-native and serverless applications
You use all of the following technologies (and have hacked the internals of one or more):
- Version control systems, especially git
- Distributed data
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Databases, both SQL and NoSQL
- AWS, especially IaaS
You are committed to producing high-quality code in a team setting:
- Unit tests
- Code reviews
- Integration tests and continuous deployment
Nice to have
Experience with data science, data engineering, or data visualization.
What we expect
- Know your software engineering.
- Have a strong CS background, in order to choose the right algorithms, systems, approaches, and patterns to solve problems.
- Hit the ground running. Therefore, 3 or more years of industry experience is required.
- Experience with Python, and at least one systems programming language (C++, Java, or Go).
- Experience with AWS and/or Kubernetes a plus.
- Act as a technologist.
- Bias towards action and shipping. Once you’ve sketched out an idea, you find the fastest path to a prototype to prove the concept.
- Strong ability to write production code quickly.
- Be comfortable with a range of languages, open source tools, and frameworks. You are excited to learn something new when the need arises.
- Be creative: you’ll come up with new ideas based on your broad understanding of technological possibilities and city domain knowledge.
- Solve problems, together.
- Come up with novel solutions, working well with non-technologists and others.
- Ask hard questions and challenge assumptions to ensure that we’re solving the right problems.
- Have the flexibility to work on the team’s most pressing problems.
- Care; about our customers, getting data infrastructure right, solving hard problems, and making our team successful.
- 3+ years of leadership in commercial or open source settings
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- Demonstrated track record of shipping technical products at scale
About the job
- Generous salary and equity
- Full benefits for US-based employees (health, vision, dental, family/partner)
- Fun and close-knit team of craftsmen, hackers, and computer scientists who code as quickly as we debate