Controller at R2
About the role
Who we are
At R2, we believe that small and medium businesses are the productive engine of society. Small and medium businesses (SMBs) make up over 90% of companies in Latin America, yet they face a trillion-dollar credit gap. Our mission is to unlock SMBs’ potential by providing financial solutions that are tailored to their needs. We are reimagining the financial infrastructure of Latin America - where SMBs financial needs are satisfied without ever having to go to a bank.
R2 integrates with payment processors, POS systems and marketplace apps in Latin America to embed tailored financial services that SMBs can then leverage. We are a tight knit team coming from organizations such as Google, Nubank, McKinsey & Co., Mercado Libre, Globant, JP Morgan, Clip, and We Work. We are backed by world-class investors such as General Catalyst and Y Combinator, among others.
As Sr. Accounting Manager we’re looking for a leader who will define and implement R2’s accounting infrastructure. The Sr. Accounting Manager will report to the Head of Finance & Capital Markets and will interact with multiple stakeholders in different countries.
What you’ll work on:
- Partner with the Head of Finance and R2’s founders to support existing accounting structure
- Build R2’s accounting infrastructure and foundational systems across multiple LatAm countries
- Produce financial statements (standalone and consolidated) under local and international accounting rules
- Deliver accounting reports and forecasts for management and investors
- Design and implement internal controls to ensure tax & accounting compliance
- Partner with Head of Finance to develop reports/models/KPIs for smart decision making
- Supervise internal and external audits
- Coordinate multiple accounting teams
Who you are:
- Accounting Bachelor Degree at a top tier university
- Experience at a Big 4 Accounting Firm or equivalent
- Experience implementing and using financial/accounting software
- At least 10 years in accounting and 5 years in coordinating accounting teams
- Experience in the tech and/or financial services industry
- Ability to work alongside data scientists and engineers
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Spanish and English
- Excited about R2’s mission and the challenge of working in a dynamic start up environment
Preferred but not required:
- Experience building the accounting function and systems for a fintech startup
Why you should join R2
R2 enables platforms to offer flexible financing to their merchants in Latin America
These merchants are typically small and medium businesses (SMBs), which make up over 90% of companies in Latam yet face a trillion-dollar credit gap. At R2, we believe that SMBs are the productive engine of society.
Our mission is to unlock their potential by providing financial solutions that are tailored to their needs, right where they buy and sell. We are reimagining the financial infrastructure of Latin America - where SMBs financial needs are satisfied without ever having to go to a bank.