Mid-Senior Product Designer at Rabbet
About the role
Rabbet is looking for a talented Mid-Senior level Product Designer to join our Austin, Texas-based team in building intelligent software that simplifies construction lending. We are in need of an enthusiastic self-starter that is capable of designing pragmatic solutions to user problems.
As a startup, we pride ourselves on our pragmatism. We try to focus on directly answering user problems and focusing on building solutions that deliver the most value to a user rather than trying to make features that need to be "perfect".
We are on an ongoing journey of building out more robust user research processes, and a designer with experience in running user research would be a definite plus.
- Empathetically understand our users and drive empathy throughout our product team by acting as the voice of our users.
- Push to gain a deeper understanding of why we're building what we're building.
- Build mockups and design solutions that take into mind a pragmatic understanding of
- user empathy
- user value / priorities
- difficulty / effort to build
- consistency & scalability with our design system
- Communicate and collaborate around designs through critique, brainstorming or other team discovery methods.
- Communicate, collaborate and support designs through development and QA. Working with the dev and QA team to not only build the solution but to understand what and why they're building it.
- Portfolio demonstrating an ability to understand complex user problems and build scalable solutions
- The ability to think pragmatically about a problem and design solutions that maximize user value & minimize the effort to build
- Ability to give and receive critique and have nuanced conversations around technical and complex functionality.
Bonus Skills (not necessary to apply)
- Experience running user research exercises.
- Experience working on a b2b product especially in finance or construction.
- Experience working at a startup