Rabbet is looking for a talented Full Stack developer to join our US-based team in building intelligent software that simplifies construction finance. We are in need of a self-starter with an obsession for clean, well-organized code who thrives in a fast-paced startup environment.
We're looking for someone who…
- Loves spending time working with or thinking about code
- Tends to enjoy a fast-pace and works with urgency
- Is very team-first and collaborative
- Is passionate about software quality, improving the development process, and building highly scalable systems
- Makes sure to understand the "what/why" before going on to developing the "how"
- Thrives in a collaborative, cross-functional environment
- Enjoys architecting elegant solutions to technical and customer problems
- Stays up-to-date with modern technologies and practices
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Solid experience with either React or Elixir (and hopefully both!)
- Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong advocate for quality
- Have a good software development practice - good patterns, solid documentation, tests
- Experience writing and tuning SQL queries
- Able to architect software solutions that consider both performance and future maintainability in a large existing codebase
- Experience in building complex, highly scalable software systems.
- Deep understanding of best engineering practices for the software development life cycle, including coding standards, code review, source control, build, test, deploy, and operations.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Must be willing to travel to Austin, TX once per quarter
Nice to haves
- Functional programming experience, especially Elixir
- Experience with GraphQL APIs
- Experience with machine learning
- Experience with RabbitMQ
About our team
We are a nimble team spanning all of the US time zones, and we have a lot of fun working together! Aside from the quarterly gathering, we work 100% remotely, using mainly Slack and Google Meet as our communication tools. Egos are checked at the door—everyone supports each other and puts the team first. As part of our company culture we try to keep meetings to a minimum, though we do make time for a daily game of lolbeans or skribbl as a way to connect on a more personal level.