Senior Backend Software Engineer at Raptor Maps
About the role
Solar power is the #1 source of new energy in the world. Raptor Maps is a fast-growing, MIT-born startup that builds software to manage the solar lifecycle. We are deployed across 40 countries and 42 million solar panels. Our software enables the solar industry to scale.
About the Position:
We’re looking for an incredibly talented software engineer with experience designing and building backend system architecture that involves a lot of data. You would dive right into our fast-paced, multi-faceted engineering team and play a vital role in our core systems that require scale.
- Design, build, test, deploy, and maintain software
- Design, plan, and execute system architecture enhancements
- Contribute to individual and team projects by managing priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Train and mentor other team members on design techniques, process, and coding standards
- Prepare and lead architecture discussions and code reviews
- Problem solve with a team of developers and various stakeholders such as product management and leadership.
- You are highly self-motivated, resourceful, and enjoy working alongside a motivated team
- You love learning new things fast and staying up on technology
- You are exceptionally thoughtful and knowledgeable with regards to how systems scale with increasing usage and data
- You have 5+ years of work experience on software development deployed cloud-based systems
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of experience building architecture on AWS
- Experience designing and building data pipelines at scale using distributed architectures
- Experience developing infrastructure and tooling to support a data-centric company
- Familiarity with machine learning and image processing workflows
- Strong understanding of geospatial data and experience with geospatial information systems (GIS)
- Track record of simplifying complexity and achieving success with ambiguous problems in a constantly changing and improving codebase
- Have a sense of urgency. We are tackling a global problem, working in a fast-paced industry, and building a once in a lifetime company at Raptor Maps.
Work remote, work in a Boston-based office, or take a hybrid approach. We have employees in 21 states now.
Why you should join Raptor Maps
Solar power is the #1 source of new energy in the world. Raptor Maps is a fast-growing, venture-backed, MIT-born startup that builds software to manage the solar lifecycle. We are deployed across 38 countries and 100+ million solar panels. Our software enables the solar industry to scale.
Our highly active 50 person company (and growing!) is located all over the US, and we're proud to be a remote-first company. We do have a physical presence at Greentown Labs, the largest cleantech incubator in the US. Overall, we are a tight and diverse team forged through our passion for enabling the solar renewable energy industry to scale. This helps us to push our lead in the industry, reduce the cost of a megawatt, and bring more solar on the grid.