Marketing Designer at ReadMe
About the role
At ReadMe, we’re committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. We'd love to have you come join us here!
Hi there! I’m Tony and I work on design at ReadMe. Our team is looking for a marketing designer to help us tell our story!
We're a small team of humans (and one owl 🦉) working together to shape the developer landscape through documentation—and we’re growing! That’s where you come in. We’re looking for a new member of the team to design whimsical experiences that showcase ReadMe beyond what we do for documentation. You’ll be working closely with the product and marketing teams to lead big onboarding changes, design home pages, and just help with fun projects—like dx.readme.com!
As a designer at ReadMe, you’ll be working closely with:
😁 Our head of marketing, Sarah, who is a proud Atlanta native and “surprisingly outdoorsy.”
🥸 Our designer, Ryan, currently residing in Berkeley, but sometimes you can find him traveling in his van (Bertha).
🤓 And me—from San Francisco’s sunny Excelsior neighborhood. Ryan and I have helped with some of our marketing pages in the past!
The marketing designer at ReadMe would own all our marketing and brand assets, as well as help with our growth efforts in the product (like our onboarding or sign up flows). You’d be working closely with designers, our marketing team, and engineers to tell customers about our mission to make their APIs easier to use and deliver a better developer experience.
✅ Things you’d take charge of at ReadMe
- Designing fun marketing pages with our Head of Marketing.
- Our market-facing design aesthetic! And collaborating with the rest of the team to flesh out our in-product design.
- Our sign up and onboarding flows in the product.
- Our blog and email designs.
- Directing visuals when we need videos.
- Add a bit of whimsy whenever possible. :)
💙 You'll love this job if you are...
- Wanting to define a developer brand through design.
- Curious about developer problems.
- Wanting to straddle the line between product and marketing design.
🌱 How you’ll grow in one month
- Become familiar with the product, APIs, and how we think about design.
- Start defining our brand, and add yourself to our homepage.
- Support and collaborate with your fellow designers in design reviews.
- Learn that we really do have an owl drawing for everything.
🪴 Within a few months, you’ll…
- Continue rebuilding our marketing pages! Recently we’ve redesigned our customer pages.
- Help mature ReadMe’s design language while maintaining our sense of whimsy.
- Refresh our very cute sign in pages.
🌳 Within your first year, you’ll…
- Join us on a few off-site retreats!
- Lead projects from concept through execution.
- Be an owner of ReadMe’s brand vision.
🛣 What's the hiring process like?
- Send us your portfolio! We’re excited to see work you’re proud of and passionate about.
- If we think we're a good fit for you, we'll set up a 30 minute phone call with Tony, Head of Design. He's excited to hear your story and tell you more about the role and who we are!
- Next will be a second 30 minute phone interview, where you’ll get to meet Sarah and get to know ReadMe a little better.
- We’ve saved the best for last! We’ll invite you to an "onsite" interview conducted over Zoom. These usually take 3.5 to 5 hours including an hour break in between. We are able to be flexible with the schedule and split it up over two days if that works best for you! We start with a 15-minute get-to-know-ya, and then have you talk with people one-on-one in the afternoon. This will include a portfolio review and/or a Work On Your Own Project interview.
- We’ll let you know how things went within a week! If it still seems like a good fit all around, we’ll extend you an offer! If not, we will update you to let you know so you aren’t left hanging.
Not sure if you’d be the right fit? Apply anyway! We’d love to see your application.
✨ Our benefits include…
- Unlimited PTO with a three-week minimum. 🏝
- Fully covered medical, dental, and vision insurance for you, and 50% for your dependents. 🩺
- A One Medical membership. 🧑⚕️
- A wellness stipend for therapy of up to $350 per month. 😌
- A gym or fitness stipend of up to $150 per month. ️💪
- One-to-one donation matching of up to $1,000 per year. 🥰
- Twelve weeks of paid parental leave after the birth or adoption of a child. 🐣
- Work from home office stipend of $500. 🖥
- For fully remote employees, a stipend of $300 per month is available for a co-working space. 🧑💻
- Three offsite retreats per year to get together with coworkers and plan for the quarter ahead. ✈️
- Take a look at our handbook for more information on our benefits! 📘
🦉 What we do
ReadMe helps companies build beautiful, personalized, and interactive developer hubs. If you’ve ever visited the developer docs for Intercom, Airbnb, or Notion, you’ve used ReadMe!We love what we do because it’s so much more than just docs. We’re providing tools for teams to create and manage beautiful documentation with ease. You can read more about what it’s like to work at ReadMe on our careers page, or our Key Values page.
This role will start out remotely due to COVID-19. We want to make sure all our employees feel safe in their work environments! Eventually, we plan for this role to be on-site at our San Francisco office (unless otherwise noted in the job title), though our plans for remote flexibility are currently in flux. If you are not based in the Bay Area, please note that in your application so that we can discuss potential relocation.
Why you should join ReadMe
ReadMe helps more than 5,000 leading startups and tech companies build beautiful, personalized, and interactive developer hubs. If you’ve ever visited the developer docs for Intercom, Airbnb, or Notion, you’ve used ReadMe!
We love what we do because it’s so much more than just documentation. We’re providing tools for teams to build a better developer experience and make their products and APIs easier to use. We’ve got great support from our investors at Accel who led our last round, and our interview process reflects the open, caring, and whimsical culture we want to maintain as we scale.