Data Engineer at Ready
About the role
A bit about you 🥇
You’re an experienced engineer skilled in working with large, disparate data sets. You’ve automated ETL before, and thrive in environments of high complexity.
- Desire to constantly learn and try new things
- Comfortable working remotely
- Humble but ambitious, knowledgeable but curious
- 3+ years experience building data systems
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or equivalent field
- Geospatial experience very helpful but not required
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced environment and a desire to wear many hats
- Strong English communication skills – verbal and written
- Analytical thinker, detail oriented
- Creative at problem solving
About your role at Ready ⚡️
- Design, develop, and implement ETL automation for customer data ingestion, pipeline, and data integrations with our core application.
- Work with our backend team to ensure scalable performance of data-intensive features as we grow.
- Make it possible to leverage data in the context of our product’s geospatial features.
- Surface business intelligence insights for our company, and our customers (product will include features that help our customers understand their business).
- You’ll have a major impact on your team and company here at Ready.
- You’ll collaborate with customers and team members to solve real problems, but you’ll also own key parts of the system.
- This role could become a leadership position within Ready as we continue growing together.
About what you get…
- Competitive salary plus meaningful equity upside
- Opportunities to learn and grow: not just coding – all things startups
- Work from anywhere you want, as long as you can get great internet (and your work here at Ready helps make this true in more places)
- We get together 2x / year for optional retreats
- We’re actively shaping our benefits program: have a say in which benefits matter to you
- The chance to hone your skills on a cutting edge stack alongside bright ambitious team members
Ready to meet us? 🚀
We look forward to meeting you.
Like Ready, or click
Change Status to apply and let’s connect!
Why you should join Ready
Ready builds software tools that help local internet service providers connect more people to better broadband services. Local ISPs connect more than 50 million U.S. homes to the internet today, but their businesses typically run on a mess of legacy systems, and as a result, they struggle to work effectively, and usually fail to deliver great subscriber experience.
With Ready, local ISPs get everything they need to deliver seamless subscriber experience – from finding & signing prospects in their geographic area, to onboarding and billing, to integrations with legacy data systems – all in one place.
If you’re a talented engineer looking for meaningful, rewarding experience, there are many reasons to consider joining Ready for your next chapter, including:
- Constant engagement: large product surface area means there’s never a shortage of interesting, challenging, meaningful problems to solve.
- Team motto is “builders building”: We strongly prefer shipping results to customers over heavy processes and lots of meetings.
- Experienced founders and a culture of sharing mean there are plenty of opportunities to learn all about building startups, not just coding.
- Aspects of the product are customer-facing enterprise tools, other aspects face the subscriber, a rare combo of B2B and B2B2C.
- Remote team: work anywhere you want, as long as you get strong internet (and the platform we’re making helps make that true in more places).
- We’re well funded, and place strong emphasis on revenue from customers – our ambition is to build a large and important company with many options down the road and minimal dilution along the way.