Hiring an experienced Engineering Manager to lead a nascent and critical team at Ready: in this role you will lead the team and build the products that define our Subscriber Experience.
Ready is working to level the playing field on this century’s most important utility - making sure everyone has access to fast and reliable internet. And we’re taking a novel approach that’s starting to pickup tailwinds. We need your technical foundation, leadership skills, and creative problem solving to harness them.
This is a golden opportunity to join a fast-moving product company in an industry poised to receive billions of dollars in federal funding – imminently. Looking for an Engineering Manager with some reps in a management role to elevate our team and ability to execute as we continue to scale.
A bit about you 🥇
- 7+ years building software products, with at least 2 years leading and managing engineering teams – ideally with experience at various stage of scale within fast-moving startups
- You’re organized, thoughtful, approachable, creative, and rigorous
- You have keen product instincts, a bias-to-action, and a data-driven approach to separating signal from the noise
- You are a strong communicator (written, spoken, and short form) - you’re as comfortable and effective working with Customers, Support, and Sales, as you are with Engineering, Design, and Product Management
- You enjoy building lean, inclusive, and performant teams
- You excel in a highly-distributed and asynchronous environment
About your role at Ready ⚡️
- Drive team execution by defining roadmaps, creating feature specifications, and working cross-functionally to ship regularly
- Manage, develop, and grow a team of engineers and QA
- Participate in the leadership and strategic direction of the product development organization
- Collaborate closely with Community, Sales, and Support to deliver for our customers and and iterate roadmap
- Drive prioritization to clarify focus, align stakeholders, and execute flawlessly and on-time
- Define success metrics to measure business and operational impact
About Ready 🚀
- Creative problem solvers approaching an antiquated system with a revolutionary viewpoint
- Humble but ambitious, knowledgeable but curious, persistent but not obnoxious
- Concise and effective in written and spoken communication
- Comfortable working remotely
About what you get…
- Competitive salary plus meaningful equity upside
- Competitive (and ever expanding) benefits for employees and dependents
- Opportunities to learn and grow – all things startups
- A chance to play a role in defining the roadmap as we pursue a bold vision and and a big goal
- Work from anywhere you want, as long as you can get great internet (and your work here at Ready helps make this true in more places).
- To get away - we convene 2-3x / year for [optional, encouraged] 5-day retreats
- We’re actively shaping our benefits program: have a say in which benefits matter to you
- The charter to a build product in a market that is set to receive $65 billion in grant funding across the United States
Ready builds software tools that help local internet service providers connect more people to better broadband services. Local ISPs connect more than 50 million U.S. homes to the internet today, but their businesses typically run on a mess of legacy systems, and as a result, they struggle to work effectively, and usually fail to deliver great subscriber experience.
With Ready, local ISPs get everything they need to deliver seamless subscriber experience – from finding & signing prospects in their geographic area, to onboarding and billing, to integrations with legacy data systems – all in one place.
If you’re a talented engineer looking for meaningful, rewarding experience, there are many reasons to consider joining Ready for your next chapter, including:
- Constant engagement: large product surface area means there’s never a shortage of interesting, challenging, meaningful problems to solve.
- Team motto is “builders building”: We strongly prefer shipping results to customers over heavy processes and lots of meetings.
- Experienced founders and a culture of sharing mean there are plenty of opportunities to learn all about building startups, not just coding.
- Aspects of the product are customer-facing enterprise tools, other aspects face the subscriber, a rare combo of B2B and B2B2C.
- Remote team: work anywhere you want, as long as you get strong internet (and the platform we’re making helps make that true in more places).
- We’re well funded, and place strong emphasis on revenue from customers – our ambition is to build a large and important company with many options down the road and minimal dilution along the way.