Lead designer (UI/UX/Branding) at RealtyBits
About the role
At RealtyBits we believe in enabling broad access to all paths of wealth creation. We do that by directly connecting buyers and sellers around real-world assets that are traditionally only accessible to large institutional investors--things like private companies, commercial real estate, energy funds, fixed income securities, equities, and more. RealtyBits enables broad access to wealth creation through our low cost scalable platform for private asset marketplaces. We are passionate about using technology and consumer-quality design to make the experience of creating, managing, and using those marketplaces efficient, intuitive, and delightful.
About the role
We are looking for a Product Designer to help us design our core product and build the foundation for the design practice (including creating and maintaining our design system). As one of the first hires on the design team, you’ll have a big opportunity to influence and shape our product, our design and research processes, and our team culture. You’ll report directly to the CEO.
What you'll do
- Partner with PMs, Engineers, and other cross functional stakeholders to design and evolve our core product experience by creating flows, high-fidelity visuals, and pixel perfect assets.
- Nurture our current design into a documented design system with a cohesive visual language, consistent interactions, and eventually a component library.
- Run projects end to end with engineers to ship your vision to our users.
- Drive research to understand our customers’ needs and pain points, to validate designs, and to use those insights to improve our product experience. (This one is a “Nice to Have”, and we can support your career growth here!)
Some of what we're looking for
- 3+ years designing and shipping beautiful software that creatively solves user needs (please include your online portfolio in your application)
- Visual Design skills with proficiency in typography, desktop/mobile UI, color, layout, iconography and a solid aesthetic sense
- UX skills with proficiency in defining how an experience should behave based on our users’ needs, and detailing out how the flows and interactions of the experience work together.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (engineering, product management, marketing, etc.), and communicating design process and rationale to your friendly & open but “non-design” collaborators.
- Ability to drive an end-to-end design process with little guidance or supervision
- Proficient in design software such as Figma, Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision, etc
- A willingness to learn on the job and take on tasks as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently with a proactive communication style- We use Google Meet and Slack to keep connected.
Diversity is essential for us, and we strive to create a culture where everyone can feel at home regardless of who you are and your background.
What we offer
A small but mighty team that is intellectually rigorous, highly collaborative, deeply caring, and likes to have fun. Tremendous career growth opportunity-- you will help build things from zero to one in a fast paced environment Flexible remote working hours to match your style- we’re currently spread across 2 time zones! Competitive compensation and benefits.
Why you should join RealtyBits
RealtyBits is a hybrid cloud+blockchain platform to create and manage real assets offerings. Global asset issuers can setup their custom digital platform in a few minutes using our compliant and secure solution. Investors can be verified to make capital contributions using fiat or digital currencies. Our solution also provides a secondary market solution, where investors can conveniently liquidate their private holdings.