Skills: Python, Django, Rust, Postgres, AWS
You'll be our second engineering hire. You'll have full ownership over major features, a major role in creating the culture of our engineering team and will be working closely with the founders.
What it will be like
- Your work will have an actual impact on our customers. You get to build the foundations of the company and product.
- No bureaucracy - You’ll own and drive the product from start to finish.
- Massive growth opportunities. And not just on the technical side. Anything you want to learn about the business we’ll teach you.
- Tackle interesting technical challenges like recording Zoom calls at scale, analyzing dynamic media at near-real time performance.
- Build the core product platform, from APIs, to real-time video processing pipelines, to infrastructure
- Be independent and own major features through development and deployment. You'll be responsible for running your code in production.
- Work directly with customers to solve their problems. All team members participate in customer support in order to drive empathy for our users and help us build better products.
- Hold yourself and others to a high standard when working on production systems.
- 6+ years of software development experience
- Deep customer empathy, including the desire to speak with customers and make product decisions
- Strong ability to learn new technologies and be productive in unfamiliar domains
- Previously founded a startup. Extra bonus for a dev-tools startup.
- Experience with media encoding and delivery at scale.
- Devops or infrastructure experience.
- API Frontend: Django
- Real-time Video Processing: Rust
- Database: Postgres
- Infrastructure: Kubernetes running on AWS EKS. All infrastructure managed through Terraform.
Our company culture
(Why you may or may not be excited about joining us)
Raw hours make a difference
- Working too many hours doesn't guarantee success, but working too few leads to failure. We expect everyone to put in their best effort every day, but we generally don't expect you to work late evenings or on weekends. We are careful to avoid burnout, but we also don't want to sugarcoat the fact that raw hours can make a huge difference in a startup.
Full Stack Ownership
- Every engineer at Recall plays the role of PM and developer for every feature they work on. This means along with writing code for the features you're working on you'll be talking to customers to figure out what should be built, making high quality product decisions independently, handling deployment and operations, collecting bug reports, and checking in with users on a regular basis.
Build simple solutions
- We want to spend nearly all of our energy on where we can deliver unique value - building new stuff that’s never been done before. Therefore, we choose battle-tested technology when we can, and consider carefully before adding new elements to our tech-stack.