Software Engineer (Typescript / Node) at Reelables
About the role
At Reelables we track freight and inventory for customers in real time. Our vision is to automate the world’s supply chains by putting global logistics systems on autopilot. In essence, doing an automatic stock check every 10 seconds! We provide real-time location and temperature visibility of shipments and inventory to some of the largest carriers and pharmaceutical companies. We understanding where supply chain exceptions are happening so that they can be fixed before they cause a problem.
We’ve invented printed bluetooth labels that are ultra thin, flexible, and cheap to make at scale. They stick to pallets, cartons, and boxes, with a range over 100m. They work with our enterprise software platform and workflows to transform raw collected data into actionable business events and insights.
Our company participated in Y-Combinator a few years back. Our office is in London a few minutes walk away from Angel station. We’re still a small team; a mix of hardware and software engineers. We have customers using (and loving) our product, we recently closed our second round of funding and are growing fast.
We’re in need of bright, enthusiastic, self-starter individuals – who don’t mind getting their hands dirty and tackling tricky technical and design problems – to join our software team and help us continue our growth trajectory.
What you could be doing day to day
- Working on our user facing applications ranging from our customer web app to desktop based electron apps or even getting your hands dirty learning new things building an app to run on a barcode printer.
- Contributing to architectural and technical design
- Automating testing and deployment using Dev Ops strategies and technologies
- Learning new things
How we do this
- We follow a lean methodology, we really mean this - code ships daily.
- We have daily stand-ups and work closely together
- Bi-weekly product meetings, everyone has a voice
- We are a small team and have minimal process to reflect this
- We leverage existing technology as much as possible that means using the right libraries and serverless PaaS technologies etc.
- We’re a fast growing start-up with really big ambitions and at the most exciting point in a start-up’s life. We’re funded but small so everyone makes an outsize impact not only in the product, company but also direction.
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience
- JS / Typescript / Vue (or React) / Node
- Dev Ops
Why you should join Reelables
Tile for B2B
We’ve invented printed bluetooth labels that are ultra thin, flexible, and cheap to make. It’s a manufacturing 4.0 process on top of rotary printers. The labels can be used just like a barcode but with location tracking leveraging smartphones already in employees pockets.
We’ve just graduated from Y Combinator, we’re well funded and already have several big name clients. This isn’t our first rodeo, both co-founders have been at the nexus of successful startups before.