Product Marketing Manager
About the role
Release is looking for our very first non-engineering hire to own and run Product Marketing and report directly to one of the co-founders.
Release delivers Environments as a Service leveraging the power of Kubernetes and your cloud provider. The product development lifecycle often gets bottlenecked when teams don’t have ample environments to get their jobs done. Managing and creating new environments is a laborious task that many teams put off at the expense of product velocity.
The core concept behind the platform is the idea that Release-environments are plentiful and accessible to everyone throughout the development process. Developers, QA, product managers, sales operations teams and stakeholders will never bottleneck waiting on environments to get their job done. Release-environments are created automatically with a Pull Request or on-demand with a click of a button for even the most complex applications. With ample environments product velocity increases and teams can focus on customer solutions, not dev platforms.
We’re currently a small team of 7 and 100% remote. We’re well funded by a top VC, we have paying customers and we’re working through product market fit, but well on our way. You will be responsible for developing positioning, messaging, sales and marketing collateral, competitive differentiation, packaging and pricing, and enabling the Sales team to ensure they are aligned and work efficiently to generate and close opportunities. As the first business hire in the company, you will be a thought partner with the founders in positioning Release and help shape all of our Go To Market activities.
Here are some of the job responsibilities for this role:
- Study and deeply understand the company’s products both technically, competitively and from a market position standpoint 📚
- Own and promote product positioning, content creation and user benefit messaging across our website, blog and marketing channels.
- Actively participate and evangelize in community development activities
- Work directly with the sales team to ensure they have all of the marketing materials they need to position the company’s products effectively
- Demonstrated success in product marketing that has driven growth 🚀
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including copywriting skills
- Subject matter expertise in the DevOps industry preferred
- Technical background preferred
Why you should join Release
Every company that is building software has to manage environments. This is time consuming and takes away from building things customers want. Most companies have one or few staging environments that become bottlenecks as code must run in staging before releasing to production. Applications are also getting more and more complex and development is getting harder to do on your laptop. Release solves these problems by making repeatable environments for every developer on every Pull Request.