Director of Product Management at Release
About the role
Release delivers Environments as a Service leveraging the power of Kubernetes and your cloud provider. The product development lifecycle often gets bottlenecked when teams don’t have ample environments to get their jobs done. Managing and creating new environments is a laborious task that many teams put off at the expense of product velocity.
The core concept behind the platform is the idea that Release-environments are plentiful and accessible to everyone throughout the development process. Developers, QA, product managers, sales operations teams and stakeholders will never bottleneck waiting on environments to get their job done. Release-environments are created automatically with a Pull Request or on-demand with a click of a button for even the most complex applications. With ample environments product velocity increases and teams can focus on customer solutions, not dev platforms.
We’re currently a growing team that is 100% remote. We’re well funded having just completed our Series A led by CRV and Sequoia, we have a rapidly growing customer base. Release is looking for a Director of Product that will be our first product management hire who will work closely with our founders and set the stage for the product organization moving forward.
What would my first projects be?
- Define requirements for our new generic workflow engine
- Originate product requirements for our end-to-end testing product
- Create product requirements for our CLI
- Initially identify product areas that need focus and work with engineering to define feature requirements to be included in future sprints to ensure product requirements are comprehensive
- Spend significant time with customers (and customer-facing teams) and observe patterns/trends across their feedback and the larger market
- Prioritize and manage the product backlog
- Meet with company stakeholders on routine basis to iterate on current/future product ideas
Upcoming projects within the year:
- Create a roadmap aligned with organizational goals
- Help build out the product organization
- Perform user-based research to drive future product direction
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has 6+ years of product management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Has passion for helping developers deliver software faster
- Is flexible/adaptable, empathetic, patient, with great interpersonal skills
- Has experience with automated user analytics research
- Understands the nuances of scrum software development process
- Has attention to detail when crafting tickets and directives
- A computer science, math, science degree or software engineering experience
It’s nice if you have:
- Prior UI/UX experience and can make low fidelity wireframes as needed
- Prior software development experience, understanding of DevOps & GitOps workflow, and awareness of overall development environment life cycle.
- Experience facilitating software development scrum process
- Prior experience with CI/CD, cloud, Docker, and Kubernetes
Why you should join Release
Every company that is building software has to manage environments. This is time consuming and takes away from building things customers want. Most companies have one or few staging environments that become bottlenecks as code must run in staging before releasing to production. Applications are also getting more and more complex and development is getting harder to do on your laptop. Release solves these problems by making repeatable environments for every developer on every Pull Request.