Account Executive - Outbound Sales at Release
About the role
Account Executive - Outbound Sales
Release is looking to build out our Go-To-Market team with our first sales hires reporting directly to one of the co-founders.
Release delivers Environments as a Service leveraging the power of Kubernetes and your cloud provider. The product development lifecycle often gets bottlenecked when teams don’t have ample environments to get their jobs done. Managing and creating new environments is a laborious task that many teams put off at the expense of product velocity.
The core concept behind the platform is the idea that Release-environments are plentiful and accessible to everyone throughout the development process. Developers, QA, product managers, sales operations teams and stakeholders will never bottleneck waiting on environments to get their job done. Release-environments are created automatically with a Pull Request or on-demand with a click of a button for even the most complex applications. With ample environments product velocity increases and teams can focus on customer solutions, not dev platforms.
This is a highly entrepreneurial role in an early stage startup. We’re currently a small team of 7 and 100% remote. We’re well funded by a top VC, we have paying customers and we’re working through product market fit, but well on our way.
You will have to be detail and process oriented, self driven and persistent. Over time, as we grow the sales organization and hit product/market fit, there will be the opportunity to grow into a leadership position on the sales team at Release.
Here are some of the job responsibilities for this role:
- Become an expert on Release products and conduct discovery calls, customized demos, and presentations to prospective customers.
- Effectively sell the value of Release to key stakeholders within the account while navigating a complex sales cycle including multiple stakeholders across product, engineering, analytics, and marketing
- Collaborate well with team members and forecast accurately
- Exceed quarterly and annual targets
- List creation and enrichment
- Outbound sales emails, calls and follow-ups
- Successful track record of selling products into Development teams, preferably DevOps but similar products are acceptable
- Capable of articulating the benefits of technical products to technical audiences
- Extremely diligent, persistent, process oriented and self motivated
- Desire to work through the early stages of bringing a product to market
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including copywriting skills
Why you should join Release
Every company that is building software has to manage environments. This is time consuming and takes away from building things customers want. Most companies have one or few staging environments that become bottlenecks as code must run in staging before releasing to production. Applications are also getting more and more complex and development is getting harder to do on your laptop. Release solves these problems by making repeatable environments for every developer on every Pull Request.