Data Engineer at Replit
About the role
We're on a mission to make programming more accessible by building the best, simplest, and fastest coding environment. Replit is a place to not only learn and practice programming but also to collaborate and ship applications.
At Replit, we want to keep lowering the barrier to programming. It should take 2 minutes or less for visitors to build something interesting. To reach that goal, we'll need to understand new programmers' journeys through the product using data from all our sources.
Note that the listed qualifications are mere approximations. If you're a talented hacker but don't really fit the requirements then get in touch anyways.
Position: Data Engineer
Roles & Responsibilities
* Develop, manage, and maintain data infrastructure
* Loosely measure and keep reducing the team's question-to-insight time
* Be to go-to person for which data we collect, how we collect it, and how we manage it over time
* Make it possible to query across datasets
* Find the sweet spot between the team's speed and data costs
* Experience building data infrastructure
* Experience building a developer tool (it can be personal dev)
* Self-directed and comfortable working autonomously
* Experience working with consumer data at scale
* Experience building Platform/Infrastructure/Runtime as a Service
* Appreciation for simplicity and pragmatism
* Global (overlap 4 hours with US Pacific Time)
Ready to build the world's largest developer platform?
Why you should join Replit
We're building a first of its kind developer platform that can be used to learn and practice programming, build and deploy applications, and share and discuss with a community of peers. We realize this is an ambitious plan, but we think it's high time someone built this. There is no good reason for the insane fragmentation in programming tools today -- someone learning to code needs to learn at least ten disjointed tools and platforms to do anything interesting with programming.