Rescale (YC W12) is hiring a Software Engineer at Rescale
About the role
Rescale is the leader in enterprise big compute and is one of the fastest growing tech companies in Silicon Valley. Our customers range from disruptive and innovative startups to leading global automotive manufacturers. Our dynamic team is welcoming, collaborative and diverse. Becoming a part of the Rescale team means that you are part of the next generation in big compute. You will become part of the disruption which is turning traditional HPC on its head.
We need passionate go-getters who can take partially specified use cases and build robust frameworks which can be quickly leveraged by fellow teammates, enabling the next big HPC use case.
We are seeking a Software Engineer to join our team in San Francisco!
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
· Design, implement and support software features of the Rescale virtualization platform. · Provide technical leadership on emerging technologies. · Interface with partners on platform-related technical issues.
Key Qualifications include:
· BS in Computer Science or related field. · 3+ years of programming experience with Java or Python. · Deep understanding of object oriented programming, distributed/concurrent/multicore computing, cloud architectures, virtualization technologies, scalable databases, and fault tolerant computing. · Expertise or strong interest in the following areas: high performance computing, code optimization, concurrent programming, security, encryption, and certificates. · Flexibility and dedication to making exceptional products.
Why you should join Rescale
Rescale provides a global software platform and hardware infrastructure for companies to perform scientific and engineering simulation.
- We provide the largest, most secure, global high performance computing (HPC) footprint seamlessly integrated into an easy-to-use platform built for engineers and scientists. We are disrupting the staid on premise HPC world.
- Not that long ago, we were a team of two, who rendered the Boeing 787 wing on commodity hardware, saving $150M in the process. Now we are a team of 50+ software engineers, computer scientists, and domain experts, helping advanced tech companies bring their complex use cases to the cloud.
- Investors in Rescale include Sam Altman, Jeff Bezos, Richard Branson, Chris Dixon, and Paul Graham, among others.