Account Executive at Retool
About the role
WHY WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
In the last year we’ve grown our revenue 5x and built a small, but mighty, sales team. We’ve learned a lot, built some process, and added many wonderful customers to the Retool community. Now we’re building scalable sales processes and adding talented Account Executives to help our prospects and customers build internal tools quickly, and with less friction.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We have aggressive goals, and to help us get there, you’ll own deals from start to finish. We’ll look to you to manage multiple deals concurrently, navigate org structures, and help alleviate our prospects’ pain points by showing them the possibility, value and impact of Retool. You and our Sales Development team will build your pipeline and you’ll collaborate with our deep bench of Sales Engineers to win deals across the board.
You’re comfortable running point on key deals, managing a book of business, and building a playbook for future team members. You’re adept at listening to, and engaging with, engineers—our buyers—and you have the know-how to navigate technical discussions and decisions. You’ll bring best practices, deep sales acumen, and a drive to close deals quickly.
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
You’ll work with our team of Sales Engineers (who are engineers themselves!), other Account Executives, and our SDR team. You’ll dive into sales forecasting meetings, partner with our Head of Sales and leads to close deals, and work cross-functionally with Success, Marketing and Engineering teams.
You’ll be joining a broader team of Retools who are passionate about serving our customers, enjoy collaborating to build an incredibly innovative product, and partake in some occasional-but-well-intentioned sarcasm. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
IN THIS ROLE, YOU'LL:
- Identify and qualify leads and develop them into high-value opportunities
- Build relationships and establish communications at the highest executive levels in your accounts to understand their needs and priorities, and to speed up and simplify the deal process
- Own the closing process, including negotiations and procurement activities
- Keep Salesforce up to date with customer information, forecasts, and pipeline data so we can learn more about our business and our sales process
- Develop and execute a strategic territory plan to meet monthly, quarterly and annual revenue objectives
- Work with technical stakeholders and executives to identify opportunities for Retool to accelerate Engineering within their org
- Partner with sales engineers and the executive team to create relationships within all levels of key accounts
- Collaborate with Engineering to identify and deploy new features to continuously increase the value of Retool
THE SKILLSET YOU'LL BRING:
- Experience managing end to end SaaS sales cycles.
- A track record of success in driving consistent activity, pipeline development, and quota achievement.
- Previous experience preferred in developer tools, cloud infrastructure, databases, and/or business intelligence
- A solution-based approach to selling and the ability to manage a sales process.
- Excellent presentation and listening skills, organization, and contact management capabilities.
- A hands-on approach to learning technical concepts and leading technical discussions internally and externally with stakeholders of all levels.
- A strong desire and willingness to learn and build as our product and processes evolve.
Retool is the fast way of building internal tools through our low-code drag-and-drop platform. We were founded in 2017 and graduated from YC the same year. Our Series A was led by Sequoia and we're backed by Daniel Gross ), John and Patrick Collison of Stripe, and Elad Gil, among others.
Why you should join Retool
Retool's a fast way of building internal tools (to manage deliveries, for customer support, etc.). We just hit profitability, have raised money from some great investors, including John + Patrick Collison (Stripe), Elad Gil (Color), Nat Friedman (Github), Greg Brockman (OpenAI), etc. We're looking to scale our engineering team from 15 people to around 25 this year.
Our thesis is that all internal tools have the same building blocks (tables, textinputs, dropdowns, etc.). So Retool gives you those building blocks, which you can combine and compose to make any sort of internal tool you might want. That's a lot faster than writing the same custom code, over and over again. Here's a 3 minute demo.
Our actual goal - though - is to build the future of programming. We think building boring, internal enterprise apps represents most of programming. And if you can make building these boring things a lot faster, you have a good shot at becoming what "comes after programming languages".