About the role
At RevenueCat, we make selling subscriptions in your mobile app easy. We launched as part of Y Combinator's summer 2018 batch and today are handling subscriptions for more than 10 million mobile subscriptions across thousands of apps. We are a mission driven, remote-first company that is building the foundation of mobile subscription infrastructure. Top companies like VSCO, Notion, WidgetSmith, Buffer, and Fishbrain count on RevenueCat to power their subscriptions at scale.
Our 30 team members (and growing!) are located all over the world, from San Francisco to Madrid to Taipei, and we're proud to be a remote-first company. We're a close-knit, product-driven team, and we love our core values: Always be Shipping, Own it, Be Customer-Obsessed, and Be Balanced.
We’re looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to build new systems and features, improve our existing infrastructure, and ultimately help developers make more money. Our backend is written in Python and relies on PostgreSQL at its core. We believe in test-driven development, code review, and collaborative engineering. We value the reliable and shipped over the exotic.
- You have 3+ years of experience working as a backend engineer.
- You are very experienced in your favorite programming language, and have at least some experience with Python.
- You are comfortable writing and debugging SQL, bonus points if it's PostgreSQL.
- You are a collaborative builder and like to build systems with other engineers in mind.
- You don't scoff at unglamorous engineering tasks, yaks don't shave themselves.
- You are an excellent written and verbal communicator.
- You know when to seek assistance, and it's typically to discuss tradeoffs.
In the first month, you'll:
- Get up to speed on our architecture and learn the problem domain
- Implement your first pull request and deploy to our 100's of millions of API consumers
- Begin reviewing code and add to our engineering culture
In the first three months, you'll:
- Scope and implement new core features that our customers love
- Learn the basics of incident response, and be on the server on-call rotation
- Make improvements to how we test, review, and ship code to improve quality
In the first six months, you'll:
- Be the most knowledgeable person on several key features
- Know all the major components of our system and be able to debug complex issues
- Have your own initiatives for improving the code base and our infrastructure
- Be able detect bottlenecks, profile, and come up with enhancements
Within a year, you'll:
- Be able to spec, architect, and build any feature we might want to build
- Mentor other engineers joining the team
- Know more about PostgreSQL than anyone ever should
What we offer:
- $133,000-$150,000 USD + competitive equity
- Generous stipend for home workspace
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for US team members
- Matched 401K plans for US team members
- Open vacation policy
Why you should join RevenueCat
RevenueCat is a simple API for developers to manage subscriptions. We provide all the infrastructure needed for app developers to build, analyze and grow their subscription business.