Strategic Partnerships Manager at Ribbon Health
About the role
The Strategic Partnerships team ventures to find the niche use cases, the undiscovered applications, and the untapped segments, turning these learnings into new customer partnerships and revenue opportunities for Ribbon. We focus on greenfield opportunities, complex partnerships, and product-market fit testing. We are excited by all of the ways the healthcare industry can work with Ribbon and are not afraid to think outside the box to make that happen. As the Strategic Partnerships Manager, you will help shape our go-to-market strategy by researching, segmenting, and building empathy with innovative startups and healthcare enterprises. You will be an early hire and will take a lead role in uncovering healthcare companies who share our mission of making every healthcare decision convenient, cost effective, and high quality.
What we look for at Ribbon
- Passion and drive to simplify healthcare by building products that increase access to care and power every healthcare decision to be high-quality, cost-effective, and convenient
- Commitment to Ribbon Health company values, working on an exceptional team, and building an exceptional company
- Grit, hustle, desire, and a “get-it-done” attitude; strong comfort with a lean startup environment, where everyone is encouraged to participate in and contribute across all teams
- Dedication to the creation of a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment where teammates are celebrated for their unique perspectives and work together to simplify healthcare for all
What we're looking for in this role
- You are excited by launching solutions from new ideas and have experience building new partnerships from idea to execution to launch
- You enjoy navigating complex external organizations, building individual relationships with a vast array of external stakeholders, and spending time understanding motivations and challenges for each
- You are an inspiring communicator and an even better listener; you care deeply about learning about others’ problems, and you can manage a conversation of diverse stakeholders and know when to use the right anecdotes to offer solutions
- You are a healthcare enthusiast, regularly reading about healthcare trends and developing your own perspectives on the future of our industry
- You are comfortable in analytical environments and have demonstrated capacity to add structure to unstructured environments, especially in go-to-market settings
- You care deeply about the end users whom our product supports, reflecting on the direct impact our product has on patients’ healthcare decisions
- You roll up your sleeves and are happy to put into place new processes and structures; you’re unafraid to make suggestions to improve our go-to-market strategies and our positioning
- Develop relationships and strike new revenue-generating partnerships with innovative digital healthcare companies
- Lead market segmentation efforts and refine company perspective on healthcare startups and enterprises
- Build theses on healthcare trends and how they will impact Ribbon and their customer base
- Work closely with marketing and sales to define our positioning and value proposition
- Surface relevant signal from the market that have implications on how we we go-to-market
- Identify and implement process improvements to our go-to-market strategy to support our growth
How we live out our values for our teammates
Our goal is to make this the best career decision any of us have ever made. We stand by our values to make it happen.
Run Toward Hard Problems | We are motivated by the toughest challenges. We seek out hard problems that have the most impact and solve them to help those who need it most. We encourage our teammates to take ownership of outcomes that motivate them. Everyone at Ribbon has a say in our objective and key result (OKR) planning process for their teams and across teams.
Put Your Team First | We are a family. We are all happier and healthier when we take care of each other and put each other’s needs ahead of our own. We take care of you by offering fully covered insurance premiums on health, vision, and dental, a 401K plan match, and a flexible working policy that includes progressive family leave guidelines, flexible working schedules, and unlimited vacation.
Do What You Say | We are honest with each other. We are accountable to each other. When we commit to accomplishing our goals, we make it happen. Every team member has the opportunity to own high-impact work at Ribbon.
Stay Hungry, Keep Improving | We are humble. We will make mistakes, learn from those mistakes, and be better because of those mistakes . Here, feedback is a gift and mistakes are learning opportunities. We have a thoughtful culture that focuses on giving and receiving regular positive and constructive feedback to help us support each other and make each other better. Also, speaking of “hungry” we offer plenty of snacks, food, and coffee.
Practice Habits of Excellence | We measure our success by the process it took to get there. We will always do our very best and we are proud of the outcome because of it. At Ribbon, we focus on how we get things done by documenting and sharing our learnings, We are building the systems we need to scale our company and support our work for the long-term.
Build With Empathy | We are building the best healthcare experience for our users. When faced with a difficult decision, we do what’s best for people’s lives. This includes our team. Every Ribbon teammate shares working and lifestyle norms, and we hold each other accountable to respecting these norms so each person can balance work-life integration that works for them.
Ribbon Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on any basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, performance, and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us.
Why you should join Ribbon Health
Ribbon Health provides accurate and comprehensive data on doctors, insurance plans, and costs of care for healthcare enterprises via an API.