Special Projects Engineer to the CTO at Ribbon Health
About the role
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial software engineer who is motivated by our mission to simplify healthcare. We’re building an API layer that powers the workflows of healthcare providers, care navigation platforms, health plans, and emerging digital health companies. Reporting into and working closely with the CTO, you’ll collaborate closely with technical and non-technical stakeholders to understand our business’s toughest challenges and greatest opportunities, and build products in order to solve them.
What we look for at Ribbon:
- Passion and drive to simplify healthcare by building products that increase access to care and power every healthcare decision to be high-quality, cost-effective, and convenient
- Commitment to Ribbon Health company values, working on an exceptional team, and building an exceptional company
- Grit, hustle, desire, and a “get-it-done” attitude; strong comfort with a lean startup environment, where everyone is encouraged to participate in and contribute across all teams
What we’re looking for in this role:
- You have experience developing and deploying applications quickly, and enjoy the iterative and creative nature of product exploration
- You have some minimal experience designing, building, and/or managing systems in the cloud (e.g., AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- You enjoy context switching between various work streams to tackle a variety of challenges; changing priorities in a startup environment aren’t a bug -- it’s a feature!
- You have a track record of learning new technologies and languages on the job
- Although you’ll initially work mostly in Python, you’ll help us continue to evaluate new technologies and find the best tools for the job at hand
- Build and launch new products: You will work with the CTO in addition to the product and engineering teams to design, build, and launch new products and product features. This includes new APIs to extend the reach of our core technology
- Build internal tools: You will help our internal teams 10x their efforts by developing tools to streamline their workflows (e.g. sales, deployment, recruiting, and product)
- Work with the leadership team on a variety of non-technical cross functional initiatives such as recruiting, marketing, and business operations
- Jump into a high priority implementation, working closely with the deployment team to offer support to our customers, and integrate their feedback quickly into our product
Why you should join Ribbon Health
Ribbon Health provides accurate and comprehensive data on doctors, insurance plans, and costs of care for healthcare enterprises via an API.