Staff Software Engineer at Ribbon Health
About the role
The usage of our API has grown quickly, both in terms of clients and raw usage. We are looking for a senior platform engineer to help us shape and build the next generation of our platform as we look to scale the ways in which our clients use our API.
We are looking for someone who can architect efficient and scalable systems, set engineering standards for the engineering organization, our application/platform, and enjoys rolling up their sleeves and coding.
Clients are only accessing a fraction of Ribbon’s data. The evolution of our platform will be crucial in letting our users tap into the fullest potential of our data, which will be critical in furthering Ribbon’s mission of simplifying healthcare.
What we look for at Ribbon:
- Passion and drive to simplify healthcare by building products that increase access to care and power every healthcare decision to be high-quality, cost-effective, and convenient
- Commitment to Ribbon Health company values, working on an exceptional team, and building an exceptional company
- Grit, hustle, desire, and a “get-it-done” attitude; strong comfort with a lean startup environment, where everyone is encouraged to participate in and contribute across all teams
- Dedication to the creation of a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment where teammates are celebrated for their unique perspectives and work together to simplify healthcare for all
What we’re looking for in this role:
- You have experience designing and implementing APIs, and are excited at the opportunity to build an API platform from the ground up
- You are experienced in data model design and like to think about systems and services
- You have been a technical lead among a team of engineers working on a production-grade API
- You have the ability to make thoughtful trade-offs between long-term scalability and moving quickly in the short-term
- You care deeply about implementing best practices that ensure data integrity and reliability because you understand how our products meaningfully impact patients downstream
- Although you’ll initially work mostly in Python, you’ll help us continue to evaluate new technologies and find the best tools for the job at hand
- Architect and build a production-grade API platform: You will design, build, and maintain Ribbon’s core APIs and services, making sure our platform is enterprise-grade across end-user functionality, security, and scalability. You will help create a platform that is the foundation of how the world interacts with Ribbon’s data.
- Build and launch new products: You will work with the product team to design, build, and launch new products and product features. This includes new APIs to extend the reach of our core technology
- Develop data standards: You will develop the platform’s standards for data management and data governance
- Ensure reliability: You will architect and set up the monitoring and fail safes needed to make sure that our API is robust and can handle scalability issues
- Build internal tools: You will help our internal teams 10x their efforts by developing tools to streamline their workflows (e.g. sales, deployment, recruiting, and product)
- Evaluate third-party and open source software: You will make decisions about what we build versus buy and where to buy
Why you should join Ribbon Health
Ribbon Health provides accurate and comprehensive data on doctors, insurance plans, and costs of care for healthcare enterprises via an API.