Software Engineer - Internship at Ribbon Health
About the role
We’re looking for entrepreneurial software engineer interns who are motivated by our mission to simply healthcare. We’re building an API layer that powers the workflows of healthcare providers, care navigation platforms, health plans, and emerging digital health companies. You’ll be involved throughout the product lifecycle and collaborate closely with technical and non-technical stakeholders to understand our customers’ use cases and challenges, and build products to solve them.
What we look for at Ribbon
- Passion and drive to simplify healthcare by building products that increase access to care and power every healthcare decision to be high-quality, cost-effective, and convenient
- Commitment to Ribbon Health company values, working on an exceptional team, and building an exceptional company
- Grit, hustle, desire, and a “get-it-done” attitude; strong comfort with a lean startup environment, where everyone is encouraged to participate in and contribute across all teams
- Dedication to the creation of a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment where teammates are celebrated for their unique perspectives and work together to simplify healthcare for all
What we're looking for in this role
- You have a strong background in Computer Science or other equivalent field
- You have experience developing full applications from start-to-finish
- You have experience working with data (e.g., can work with data in some form of SQL, Postgres, Python, Spark, HBase or Presto, etc.)
- You are familiar with AWS cloud technologies and have a track record of learning new technologies and languages on the job
- Build production-grade API platform : You will design, build, and maintain Ribbon’s core APIs and services, making sure our platform is enterprise-grade across end-user functionality, security, and scalability
- Build and launch new products: You will work with the product team to design, build, and launch new products and product features. This includes new APIs and front-end applications to extend the reach of our core technology
- Build data pipelines: You will build data pipelines to bring together thousands of datasets across hundreds of different sources; data engineering is a core part of what we do
- Build data infrastructure : You will develop infrastructure to support our ETL, analytics and modeling workflows
- Build internal tools: You will help our internal teams 10x their efforts by developing tools to streamline their workflows (e.g. sales, deployment, recruiting, and product)
How we live out our values for our teammates
Our goal is to make this the best career decision any of us have ever made. We stand by our values to make it happen.
Run Toward Hard Problems | We are motivated by the toughest challenges. We seek out hard problems that have the most impact and solve them to help those who need it most. We encourage our teammates to take ownership of outcomes that motivate them. Everyone at Ribbon has a say in our objective and key result (OKR) planning process for their teams and across teams.
Put Your Team First | We are a family. We are all happier and healthier when we take care of each other and put each other’s needs ahead of our own. We take care of you by offering fully covered insurance premiums on health, vision, and dental, a 401K plan match, and a flexible working policy that includes progressive family leave guidelines, flexible working schedules, and unlimited vacation.
Do What You Say | We are honest with each other. We are accountable to each other. When we commit to accomplishing our goals, we make it happen. Every team member has the opportunity to own high-impact work at Ribbon.
Stay Hungry, Keep Improving | We are humble. We will make mistakes, learn from those mistakes, and be better because of those mistakes . Here, feedback is a gift and mistakes are learning opportunities. We have a thoughtful culture that focuses on giving and receiving regular positive and constructive feedback to help us support each other and make each other better. Also, speaking of “hungry” we offer plenty of snacks, food, and coffee.
Practice Habits of Excellence | We measure our success by the process it took to get there. We will always do our very best and we are proud of the outcome because of it. At Ribbon, we focus on how we get things done by documenting and sharing our learnings, We are building the systems we need to scale our company and support our work for the long-term.
Build With Empathy | We are building the best healthcare experience for our users. When faced with a difficult decision, we do what’s best for people’s lives. This includes our team. Every Ribbon teammate shares working and lifestyle norms, and we hold each other accountable to respecting these norms so each person can balance work-life integration that works for them.
Ribbon Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on any basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, performance, and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us.
Why you should join Ribbon Health
Ribbon Health provides accurate and comprehensive data on doctors, insurance plans, and costs of care for healthcare enterprises via an API.