Data Engineer at Ribbon Health
About the role
Data is a core part of our product. Our data pipelines today consist of thousands of datasets from hundreds of unique sources and continues to grow every day. This pipeline powers our machine learning models and API, which powers production workflows that affect real patients.
We’ve experienced rapid growth in data scale over the past few years and are looking for an experienced developer to build scalable systems that can support the next phase of our growth. We are looking for someone who can architect efficient and scalable systems, set data engineering standards for the engineering organization, and enjoys rolling up their sleeves and coding.
What we look for at Ribbon:
- Passion and drive to simplify healthcare by building products that increase access to care and power every healthcare decision to be high-quality, cost-effective, and convenient
- Commitment to Ribbon Health company values, working on an exceptional team, and building an exceptional company
- Grit, hustle, desire, and a “get-it-done” attitude; strong comfort with a lean startup environment, where everyone is encouraged to participate in and contribute across all teams
- Dedication to the creation of a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment where teammates are celebrated for their unique perspectives and work together to simplify healthcare for all
What we’re looking for in this role:
- You have a strong background in Computer Science or other equivalent field
- You’re an entrepreneur, a self starter, and want to help us build and scale applications and data pipelines.
- You love solving ambiguous problems and want to understand how to help us aggregate healthcare data from across the web.
- You have a passion for data and want to help us untangle and discover truth in an industry rife with fragmented data.
- You have a track record of learning new technologies and languages on the job
- You’re very comfortable with SQL and relational databases; Python experience would be a big plus but not required
- Develop and manage data scrapers : You will develop new data scrapers that consume data from 100’s of sources across healthcare
- Scale our data ingestion framework : You will help design and improve upon our current system of record for ingesting data from hundreds of different sources.
- Build light-weight automation : You will develop systems and tools to configure, monitor, and orchestrate our data infrastructure
- Streamline our internal data operations : You will build tools to empower internal stakeholders to manage data across our pipelines and allow our internal teams to quickly distribute data to our clients.
Why you should join Ribbon Health
Ribbon Health provides accurate and comprehensive data on doctors, insurance plans, and costs of care for healthcare enterprises via an API.