Data & Analytics Engineer - Founding Team
About the role
Our first data hire! As the first data hire at Rinsed, you will have the opportunity to build a great data organization from the ground up and make important strategic decisions alongside the founders.
We’ve invested heavily in our data infrastructure from day one, and believe that the insights derived from the over 500k active car wash subscriptions we manage are key to creating our competitive advantage. Everything from lifetime value, churn, cost-to-acquire and optimal pricing are huge untapped opportunities in this industry moving to a subscription model.
- As a founding team member, have the opportunity to create the DNA of the product, team, and culture
- Join a lean, organization where data is central to the decision making process
- Own end-to-end data processes and drive outcomes
- 3+ years experience in a data analytics, data science, or data engineering role
- An “end-to-end” data analyst who believes in owning the whole stack from data cleaning to dashboard to stakeholder communication
- Proficient in writing performance SQL to generate business insights and drive better organizational decision making
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are adaptable to a fast-growing environment with a high tolerance for ambiguity
- A solid understanding of data warehouses and business intelligence tools
- Clear and direct communication skills about complex technical topics
- A track record of working autonomously, with strong organizational and time management skills
- A desire to continually keep up with advancements in data (engineering, analytics, science) team practices
- You want a high degree of autonomy and ownership, independently making good decisions for our customers and the business
Technologies we use
- ❄️Snowflake ❄️, Postgres, AWS, DBT, Metabase
Why you should join Rinsed
We are building software to run the $12bn Car Wash industry.
We're a B2B SaaS company, providing car washes with all the tools they need to transition to a subscription model. Modern car washes are fully-automated tunnels that can wash over 200 cars / hr and they are moving from selling single washes to all-you-can-wash subscriptions. We are giving this $12bn underserved market the tools to manage and grow their subscription revenue.
We’ve just completed the most recent batch of YC (W21), have raised a seed round from Bedrock Capital and are currently installed at over 120 car washes nationally. What we've built so far is just the beginning. Get to be part of the founding DNA of building a great product, a great culture, and a great company.
- 200 million people get their car washed professionally every year in the US
- A subscriber is ~8x more profitable for a car wash then a one-off customer