Growth Marketing Manager at Riya Collective
About the role
At Riya Collective, we’re building the first mobile shopping app enabling customers in the US to discover and shop from South Asian clothing designers. We are creating an interactive, virtual shopping experience that uses video to bring the designer’s story and their products to life and connect buyers together for style inspiration and discounts - all without leaving their couch.
We are reinventing retail to make it meaningful and memorable for the consumer, equitable for the makers, and sustainable for the planet.
Riya Collective is at an exciting stage. We were founded in 2019 as a South Asian clothing rental company which grew revenues at 50% MoM, went through YC (W’20), and raised a seed round. We know our market inside and out and have already built significant brand awareness with our target customer that we are leveraging for this new product launch.
We are now looking for a creative storyteller to help lead go-to-market efforts and drive the product adoption that will fuel our next phase of hyper growth.
Lead and execute demand gen activities that drive exponential adoption of our app on the customer side:
- Brainstorm strategic, non-paid customer acquisition strategies (weddings, partnerships, network effects, brand, and more)
- Execute multiple strategies and channels at once, keeping diligent record of metrics and performance
- Iterate on strategies and double down on what’s working
- Test and iterate on messaging and positioning, developing a deep understanding of our market and buyer persona
- Create content that resonate with our customer and fuels growth
Develop insights from customer interactions and translate those back to product and supply teams, be the voice of the customer:
- Listen to and synthesize customer feedback on our messaging, features, and supply and carry those insights back to our internal team along with your recommendations for action
- Conduct ongoing analysis of our demand gen data to form customer insights
- Translate product and supply launches back to the customer in the most exciting way
We are looking for a highly data-driven self starter who is eager to own critical functions in an extremely fast-paced organization. This is a role where you will get your hands dirty. We are a small team so you will be involved in everything from strategy to detailed execution and you will work closely with both of the co-founders on a daily/weekly basis.
- Open to candidates who are in the Bay Area or remote
- Product marketing experience at a fast-growth startup is a plus
- Rigorous “generalist” experience (4+ years minimum) at top tier organizations
- Proven success working within a tight timeline and setting priorities in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Self-motivated, resourceful, results driven
- Deep empathy for the users: ideally someone who feels passionately about reinventing retail and shopping from unique global designers.
- Storytelling capacity and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity, relentless about driving clarity, and able to keep multiple work streams on track in an extremely fast-moving environment.
- Insights-driven. Skilled at leveraging usage data, customer research and market insights to influence product development and drive differentiated messaging.
- Team player: able to work across a wide range of functions to lead and execute cross-functional projects, driving alignment at every step of the way from conception to completion.
We are a 5-person team operating across SF, NYC, and India.
About the founders:
- Sarina Siddhanti (CEO): MIT 2010, Bain 2010-2013, HBS class of 2015, GM of US P&L for fintech company Funding Circle through IPO in 2018.*
- Arian Agrawal (CPO): MIT 2010, Citigroup 2010-2012, Head of North American Ops and Platform at Homejoy, Head of Product at Fin*
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and an intro so we can connect!
Why you should join Riya Collective
Today, on the outside, Riya Collective looks like a marketplace selling goods from around the world. Under the hood, we are on a mission to build the first social-shopping experience and want to build out data-driven systems and embedded social features from the ground up to make this happen. We started as a rental business for South Asian weddings and uncovered a strong desire for people of minority descent to share and discover new styles of fashion that’s rooted in ethnic culture. What we've done since YC has uniquely positioned us to learn within the South Asian community to create and build for this future model of shopping. Since our soft launch late October, we’ve done 30k in GMV with zero marketing spend and have organically grown our community.