Business Development Representative
About the role
Roboflow has raised $3M and more than doubled our revenue since finishing YC. We're growing our sales team to handle the volume of inbound interest we have for users building computer vision into their products.
We believe there are too many barriers that prevent companies from harnessing the power of computer vision. Our goal is to make it incredibly easy (and fun) to build computer vision models and integrate them into your software.
As Roboflow's first BDR, you'd be joining a team with a sales leader and two SDRs. Our team is still <10 total, so you'll be working closely with our cofounders + CEO to define and execute sales strategy.
We're looking for a full-time Business Development Representative to take on immediate sales, customer service and account management responsibilities. Applicants must be highly motivated, well-organized, ambitious, and eager to close deals. This position involves one-to-one sales based interactions with customers. Candidates must be comfortable on the phone and video conferencing (Zoom) calls. Compensation for this position is salaried alongside a percentage commission per sale. Quarterly and year-end bonuses are also rewarded on a performance basis. Qualified candidates must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills and a level of professionalism for dealing with technical buyers, corporate teams, business owners and other decision makers.
- Field inbound sales opportunities from our SDRs, qualify and vet prospective buyers throughout the sales funnel.
- Manage a portfolio of active and inactive leads.
- Provide live demonstrations of our software to prospective buyers and teams.
- Implement and enhance key processes related to the sales organization at Roboflow.
- Own lead distribution and management in collaboration with marketing and sales.
- Perform training of sales processes for internal audiences/new hires.
- Assist with a variety of activities relating to the daily sales operations and the entire sales department to begin to understand how the business as a whole operates and to help identify the current and future needs of the business.
- Act as a liaison between sales and other departments (development, marketing and customer support) within the company to facilitate an open dialogue around business needs and expectations.
- Help to maintain and administer operations systems and the processes and procedures around systems as used by the sales department (HubSpot, Zoom, etc).
- Develop key performance metrics and dashboards that help the sales organization focus on performance drivers – identify quarterly goals and team milestones within each vertical. Implement comprehensive pipeline reporting tools (through ) and track opportunities from lead generation to revenue realization, account development, and year-over-year retention.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience managing both short and long sales cycles with multiple decision-makers
- Strong relationship building skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, rapidly growing start-up
- 2+ years’ experience in direct sales, SaaS experience strongly preferred
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation, time management, and attention to detail
- Experience with sales related software and tools
- Excellent communication skills – both phone and email
- Ability to lead and facilitate cross-company initiatives
- Positive, team-centric-attitude
Why you should join Roboflow
We're on a mission to remove barriers that prevent developers from building their own computer vision applications. Roboflow streamlines the process of labeling, training, and deploying a computer vision model.
Computer vision is going to transform every industry. We're already seeing this play out in fields like transportation (self driving cars), agriculture (drone spraying), and medicine (early stage cancer detection). But these superpowers shouldn't be locked up in the handful of giant technology companies that can afford to hire teams of machine learning PhDs.
Roboflow enables any developer to use computer vision without being a machine learning expert. Our product is the key missing infrastructure that allows developers turn raw images into a useful model -- replacing a sprawling list of one-off utils everyone previously had to reinvent and enabling our users to have working models in hours, not weeks.
For example, Sarah Hinkley from Barn Owl Drones uses vision to identify weeds from crops in drone images so her customers can use fewer herbicides and grow more. She's one of our over 20,000 users working on problems we couldn't even imagine when we got started!
Today, Roboflow has eight full-time team members spread across the United States. Their roles range from machine learning to sales. We also have a high school software development intern, and a part-time employee researching our new signups. Kelo, Amanda's dog, is the best at frisbee among us.
We're united in our common goals to create high quality products and place our users first. Since we're a small upstart, that means building things really quickly and fixing bugs right away. As with any rapidly scaling startup, we hope to build a team that is both versatile and adaptable. This role has tremendous potential for growth. As such, we believe that coachability and enthusiasm are more important than experience or qualifications. If you’re excited about this opportunity, we want to hear from you.
We strongly encourage applicants from backgrounds that are traditionally under-represented in tech to apply - especially those who identify as Black, Latinx, Native American, Asian and/or LGBTQ+. People who identify as part of these groups have also been under-represented at Roboflow, but intentionally recruiting a team with unique backgrounds is one of several ways we are working to add more distinct viewpoints to our company.
Roboflow went from zero to over 20,000 users in 2020 and our customers are requesting features and product enhancements faster than we can provide them.
We're starting to build out our engineering, marketing, and sales teams. As an integral part of our core team, all roles will inevitably involve wearing a lot of hats; we're specifically looking for people excited about learning new things and filling gaps where needed. And most importantly, we're looking for people who ship.
Check out our Careers page for more info on the company, how we work together, and how we're building strong culture and camaraderie in a post-COVID world.