Account Executive - Enterprise at Roboflow
About the role
Roboflow has grown developer usage by more than 5x since YC Demo Day. Tens of thousands of engineers build with us. Over half of the Fortune 100 have a Roboflow account. You’ll be an essential part of driving revenue growth from that adoption.
We’ve built a small yet effective Sales team, and we’re hiring our first enterprise-focused account executive to complement the current team. We’ve developed the beginnings of a repeatable process, and you’ll be key in scaling the capability.
What You’ll Do
To continue hitting our ambitious goals, you’ll be owning deals from start to finish. We have significant inbound volume and an SDR team helping you qualify the best prospects; you’ll also have a hand in refining this criteria over time. You’ll be managing multiple deals concurrently, navigating org structures, and helping alleviate our prospects’ pain by showing the possibility, value, and impact of computer vision with Roboflow. You’ll collaborate with sales engineering resources to answer customer questions.
Because you’ll be the first person focused on enterprise, you’ll have a key hand in shaping the sales process itself. That includes an eagerness to identify what’s working, creating collateral to support the process, and iterating. You enjoy not only helping customers succeed but building processes.
Who you'll work with
As the first Account Executive focused on enterprise, you’ll be partnering directly with our cofounder/CEO and sales leadership (Head of Customer Development) to scale adoption into large customer accounts. You’ll work with our engineers when customers need deep, specific technical help. You’ll partner with our SDR team to define qualification criteria.
You’ll be one of the first 15 people on our team, meaning your input is valuable not only in helping our customers, but refining the product, building scalable sales processes, and shaping our culture.
In this role, you’ll:
- Identify and qualify leads (with our SDRs) and help develop them into high-value opportunities
- Build relationships with our prospects and customers, including executives in your accounts, to help understand their needs and simplify closing a deal
- Close deals, which will include negotiation and procurement needs
- Keep our CRM up to date (customer info, deal size, deal status) so we can forecast and improve our sales process
- Work with technical stakeholders, including executives, to identify opportunities to accelerate the adoption of computer vision in their business with Roboflow
- Collaborate with the rest of our team (product, marketing) to identify new features and messaging to increase the value and use of Roboflow
The skillset you'll bring:
- Experience managing end-to-end SaaS sales cycles.
- A track record of success in driving consistent activity, pipeline development, and quota achievement.
- Previous experience preferred in developer tools, cloud infrastructure, machine learning, and/or business intelligence tooling
- A solution-based approach to selling and the ability to manage a sales process. Excellent presentation and listening skills, organization, and contact management capabilities.
- A hands-on approach to learning technical concepts and leading technical discussions internally and externally with stakeholders of all levels.
- Curiosity and a desire to learn as our product and sales process evolves.
Why you should join Roboflow
We're on a mission to remove barriers that prevent developers from building their own computer vision applications. Roboflow streamlines the process of labeling, training, and deploying a computer vision model.
Computer vision is going to transform every industry. We're already seeing this play out in fields like transportation (self driving cars), agriculture (drone spraying), and medicine (early stage cancer detection). But these superpowers shouldn't be locked up in the handful of giant technology companies that can afford to hire teams of machine learning PhDs.
Roboflow enables any developer to use computer vision without being a machine learning expert. Our product is the key missing infrastructure that allows developers turn raw images into a useful model -- replacing a sprawling list of one-off utils everyone previously had to reinvent and enabling our users to have working models in hours, not weeks.
For example, Sarah Hinkley from Barn Owl Drones uses vision to identify weeds from crops in drone images so her customers can use fewer herbicides and grow more. She's one of our over 50,000 users working on problems we couldn't even imagine when we got started!
Today, Roboflow has eight full-time team members spread across the United States. Their roles range from machine learning to sales. We also have a high school software development intern, and a part-time employee researching our new signups. Kelo, Amanda's dog, is the best at frisbee among us.
We're united in our common goals to create high quality products and place our users first. Since we're a small upstart, that means building things really quickly and fixing bugs right away. As with any rapidly scaling startup, we hope to build a team that is both versatile and adaptable. This role has tremendous potential for growth. As such, we believe that coachability and enthusiasm are more important than experience or qualifications. If you’re excited about this opportunity, we want to hear from you.
We strongly encourage applicants from backgrounds that are traditionally under-represented in tech to apply - especially those who identify as Black, Latinx, Native American, Asian and/or LGBTQ+. People who identify as part of these groups have also been under-represented at Roboflow, but intentionally recruiting a team with unique backgrounds is one of several ways we are working to add more distinct viewpoints to our company.
Roboflow went from zero to over 20,000 users in 2020 (and now to over 50,000 in 2021) and our customers are requesting features and product enhancements faster than we can provide them.
We're starting to build out our engineering, marketing, and sales teams. As an integral part of our core team, all roles will inevitably involve wearing a lot of hats; we're specifically looking for people excited about learning new things and filling gaps where needed. And most importantly, we're looking for people who ship.
Check out our Careers page for more info on the company, how we work together, and how we're building strong culture and camaraderie in a post-COVID world.