Senior Software Engineer (Founding Team)
About the role
Rootly is on a mission to help companies maintain reliability in a delightful and frictionless way. We do this by building the best-in-class incident management platform to help organizations quickly resolve critical incidents. We provide a turnkey solution that brings the best reliability practices from Google, Netflix, Stripe to those without a million-dollar budget.
We are not simply transforming an industry, we are carving an entirely new +$B segment ourselves and need incredible talent to achieve this ambitious goal.
Don't just take our word for it, Rootly is backed by some of the top investors in the world that believe the same thing.
- XYZ Ventures, 8VC
- Bart Mediratta (CTO at Dropbox), Jason Warner (CTO at GitHub), Max Mullen, Brandon Leonardo (Co-Founder at Instacart)
- John Lilly (Greylock Partner, Board Director at Figma), Akshay Kothari (COO at Notion), and many more...
Our Core Values
- 🤝 Customers first
- 🧠 Take intelligent risks
- 💪 Ownership mentality
- 🙃 Think unconventionally
- 🥰 Bring your authentic self
- 🧪 Experimentation
About the Role
This is a ground floor opportunity to be one of the first engineers at Rootly and shape our trajectory. You will experience what being at a scrappy startup is like. What you'll be doing described below one-day could look radically different the next. You will be empowered to identify opportunities that will help us grow and own it.
- Scope, design, implement, and own end-to-end feature sets.
- Help architect core parts of our infrastructure from the ground up in a reliable way.
- Have autonomy to identify, conceptualize, and launch new initiatives.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Help design a delightful and beautiful front-end that users enjoy coming back to.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven production experience with a major cloud service providers such as AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Strong written communication skills and can explain complex technical concepts to non-engineers.
- Has an eye for design and knows what looks good and doesn't.
- Passion and ability to work well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, and ambiguous environment.
- Can empathize with the challenges of incident management and interest in developer-focused products.
- We don't care about fancy degrees or FAANG experience.
Why you should join Rootly
Rootly is a turnkey incident response command centre that brings the best reliability practices from Google, Netflix, Amazon to those without a million-dollar budget.
An all-in-one platform that streamlines collaboration, communication, and learning. It automates away manual toil engineers suffer through today, captures data-driven insights, and can auto resolve incidents. With Rootly, companies accelerate their incident resolution and learn how to prevent them in the future.