Senior Technical Product Manager (Remote) at Routable
About the role
Routable is a B2B payments platform built to make bill payments and mass payouts fast and seamless. Our mission is to be the simplest way to send and receive business-to-business payments. Unlike other payment platforms, Routable’s modern, easy-to-use API allows you to build a powerful payments infrastructure in minutes.
We’re a Series B startup with $46M in funding. We’re helping some of the largest marketplaces and gig economy companies, including Ticketmaster, Snackpass, and Garmentory. Hundreds of finance teams trust our decades of experience in building B2B payment solutions.
Our environment encourages intellectual curiosity, problem solving, and openness—one that provides the support and mentorship needed to succeed, learn, and grow. We'll make sure you have everything you need to do your best work and make an impact. We’re a fully remote startup with our team working from a city they love across the United States and Canada.
About the Role
You would be our fourth product manager here at Routable. As part of a product development team, you will work closely with design, QA, and engineering to help shape our product development and engineering culture. In addition to bringing great product to our customers and moving the business forward, this is also a unique opportunity to influence how to build an amazing product that customers love.
Who we’re looking for
- You love to build systems, processes and tools
- You are a master in collaborating with teams across the organization -You are a highly skilled communicator
- You are data driven
- You have ample technical, design, and analytics skills
- You love to support others, ultimately wanting the team to succeed
- You are a quick learner, and hungry for product mastery
- You are thrilled about working in a fast-paced start-up environment (you're not a 9-to-5-er)
- Ramp up your expertise in the business payments domain to a develop deep understanding and empathy for our customer’s pain points
- Obtain comprehensive product knowledge
- Develop a deep understanding around our business goals and how they correlate to our product roadmap
- Prioritize the team’s deliverables, capture any dependencies, and highlight any potential roadblocks
- Keep our product development team on track to hit our sprint objectives, by understanding any interdepencies, surfacing any blockers, and serving as a continuous feedback loop for the team
- Talk with our customers to more deeply understand the problems that we can address for them
- Own our product requirement documentation, keeping it comprehensive and up-to-date
- Distill our product feature requirements into an actionable backlog of epics and tickets (JIRA)
- Pair with our QA team to produce clearly defined acceptance criteria and tests for our product
- Be a true champion of accurately scoping work
Need to have
- 3+ years experience as a Technical Product Manager
- 3+ years experience working with JIRA, or other product management tools
- 3+ years experience analyzing product metrics, funnels and making data driven decisions
- Experience with managing remote software development teams
- An analytical mind and strong quantitative skills
- Ability to thrive in an autonomous environment, and manage projects through to delivery
- Strong product development lifecycle understanding
- Strong people and project management skills
- Empathy and the ability to connect with others on many levels
- Sound business intuition and solid technical judgement in project planning and decision making
- High oral and written communication proficiency
- You’ve contributed code and/or design to a live product that serviced thousands of users
Nice to have
- Experience managing SaaS product development
- Experience with financial products or services
- You know how to code
You must be currently authorized to work in the United States or Canada on a full-time basis.
We are a remote first company! Rather than restrict ourselves to only find talent in one city, we’d rather find the absolute best people regardless of where they live. One amazing benefit to our remote culture, is that it enables our team to enjoy traveling ✈️ more regularly since they can work from wherever!
The Senior Technical Product Manager reports directly to the Head of Product.
Our Core Values
At Routable, we are driven by our values. Our values act as guiding principles when it comes to our work, our hiring practices, and ourselves. We talk about them every day and praise each other based on our ability to embody them.
💞 Engage with Empathy: Have empathy and a deep understanding for your peers, and our customers. This means no ego and cultivating relationships by actively listening to each other's needs.
🤝 Volunteer Assistance: Helping others is always a priority, even when it is not immediately related to the goals that we are trying to achieve. We make it a point to foster an environment of inclusiveness for our remote team.
💪 Own it: We are all company owners and we act like it. We make data driven decisions and jump at the opportunity to be accountable. Taking action when you see a problem is our default state.
🛠 Build with Purpose: We are collectively building the product and company of our dreams. We are intentional with everything we do and are always looking for ways to improve. We sweat the details.
🧬 Expect Authenticity: We do not compromise our values when it comes to our team and our customers. We champion originality. Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
Rendezvous To help foster amazing relationships with our coworkers, we meet up quarterly as a whole team in some pretty awesome cities! In the past we’ve met up in San Diego, Seattle, and Austin. We’d rather invest money into memorable team events rather than expensive offices. During our meet-up team time, we love to spend time learning a new skill together, and solving problems. Most recently this has taken on the form of a bread-making class and defeating an Escape Room. Yeah.. We love to compete together as a team.
Note: we have paused out meetups due to COVID-19 and will resume when it is safe for everyone to attend
🏥 Great Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
💲 Competitive salary
📈 Stock Options
💸 Work from Home Stipend
🚀 We're a remote team
🏝 Flexible vacation policy
Inclusive Employer Routable welcomes employees from varied backgrounds and walks of life, and it’s reflected in our diverse community of Routers. Routable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to administering personnel actions, including hiring, training, promoting and compensating its employees, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Why you should join Routable
Routable is simplest way to send and receive business-to-business payments.
✅ Send payments to vendors with just an email
✅ Get paid faster and keep track of unpaid invoices
✅ Automatically update your accounting software of choice
We started Routable due to our personal experiences scaling business payments.
Having built in-house solutions, custom integrations to accounting software, and understanding the importance of payments visibility to entire teams, we decided to devote our time to ensuring that companies can be set up with a solution that works for their finance and accounting needs today and in the future.